Where did most of the old BuF crew go?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I stop by every now and then these days, but not very much in OT.:) Ah, the glory days..........I still remember my original UT install date (June 4, 2000). I discovered UT forums, UT web sites and custom maps shortly thereafter and it's been downhill ever since.;)

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I thought my Join Date was '99 must've gotten confused.

I remember in the old days I used to frequent Planet Unreal for all my info and every now and again BU would be linked to from there with news. I didn't like BU back then but then BU became a very nice site and PU became @ss

Skillz

ut-files.com
Nov 29, 2003
www.planetmonsterhunt.com
I thought my Join Date was '99 must've gotten confused.

I remember in the old days I used to frequent Planet Unreal for all my info and every now and again BU would be linked to from there with news. I didn't like BU back then but then BU became a very nice site and PU became @ss

+1

I used to use planetunreal for everything.

IceCreamYou

disseminator of awesome
Wait, wasn't IceCreamYou a user from 2002? Why hasn't a moderator/administrator changed this?
:lol:

I was still using NerfEd (for Nerf Arena Blast... anyone?) in 2002. It wasn't until 2004 that I was introduced to UnrealEd and hence to UT--and, in the course of my UnrealEd troubles, to the BU Mapping Forum and then to all of BU. I more or less lurked until mid-2007 and I've been active since.

I've used a few different accounts though, I think the last one was SeriousSamStone before IceCreamYou.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
don't think there'll be another elan tbh. drumming up enough interest is getting hard. think the main attraction was the high speed connection, stable servers. but of course, you've got high speed from home now, and probably a better system in most cases too. so i guess a lot of the appeal's gone from it now.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I haven't got any screenshots, I'm afraid, so I thought I'd try The Wayback Machine. Green boards were definitely pre December of 1998:

PuF circa 1998

Swedix, Boom, and creatoR are all logged in. Funny stuff.
Yeah, that's obviously not right! :D

If my recollection serves me well, we switched from the old green boards to the shiny new blue boards in the summer of 1999.