2k4 worm and probs with the sniper rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
Hey guys , Im trying to use the 2k4worm v 1.42 with the SA2K4_101 and Im having probs I want to use the Extra gear mode, Im trying to get it to spawn in this order: 1) sheild gun 2) translocator 3) Assult riffle 4) sniper rifle.
And the problem is the sniper rifle always spawns 1st, I want the sheild gun to spawn 1st and switch to the sniper rifle. Can you help me? The rifle mod Im using is SA2K4_101.

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
EvilDrWong said:
What do you mean? Like... when you spawn, the weapon you've got selected is the shield gun and not the Sniper Rifle, like you want?

I want the the weapon that's selected to be the the shield gun and not the Sniper Rifle

I want each player to spawn with the the sheild gun the trans, the assualt rifle and the sniper. I want the initial spawn to be the sheild gun or the Assault riffle, but the sniper is the 1srt gun you spawn with and I dont want that. want the 1st gun you see to be the sheild gun or the Assault not the sniper rifle

Last edited by a moderator:

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
Kangus said:
well, if you mean the sniper rifle is popping up first, you need to change your weapon priorities, as thats what controls what weapon pops up, not WoRM.

How do you change the weapon priority? In the ut2004 ini?

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
Kangus said:
in the Weapons section of the preferences menu

Im sorry man, Im not to sure about where that is located. where is the preferences menu

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
But I want to do this for the server not my local game. I wan it to be the same for all players who come to my server not just me. And why wont the Extra Gear mod do the trick

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
Kangus said:
sorry, but its controlled by weapon priortity, not by the server... its people's individual choice.

So isnt that what the extra gear is supposd to do? Set which weaps spawn, and in whatever order? What if I dont want the sniper to pop up 1st?
And is there a way I can make it work? I used to be able to do it with the 2k3 worm, I had the tech9 , the sniper, and the benelli, and I could choose which weapon spawned 1st, I never had this prob with the 2k3 worm.

Kangus

Zombie on your pwn!
Jan 29, 2001
Illinois, USA
www.planetunreal.com
extra gear is to give people extra starting weapons.... the code is exactly the same as it was in 2k3. Couldn't tell you whats wrong, but it doesn't really matter since I'm rewriting that whole mutator for the next version anyway.

{GOD}Urbanite

Mar 27, 2004
Kangus said:
extra gear is to give people extra starting weapons.... the code is exactly the same as it was in 2k3. Couldn't tell you whats wrong, but it doesn't really matter since I'm rewriting that whole mutator for the next version anyway.

Would you like me to test the new version sort a like a pre release?

TyeDye

Mar 8, 2004
UT2K4-Excessive Redeemer

I'm setting up a Dedicated Invasion Server for UT2004.
I use mostly Excessive weapons and the Chaos Gravity Vortex.My problem is I want to start every Wave With 1 Redeemer and 1 Gravity Vortex as the Super Weapon Choice but it only works on the first wave.Next wave you spawn with the Vortex but not the Redeemer.
I removed the Chaos and just tried Excessive only weapons to make sure there was no conflict but for some reason it only wants to give the redeemer on the first wave only.It trys to give it to me but message comes up and says Excessive Reedemer has no ammo.
Also does anyone know how to disable the Excessive Avril.The Invasion we want set up is without vehicles and therefore I would like to make sure no one spawns with the Excessive Avril.
Also while I'm on a role here,lol,any clues how I could make the Chaos weapons stronger other than the vortex witch is already strong enough but the other weapons just don't cut it against the advanced Monster Config I use.

Last edited: