Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrallala

Wait, if you're here then that means...
May 11, 2008
Under the bridge downtown.
No Country for Old Men - 10/10

Seen it before a couple times. If I where to pick the best movie since 2000 this would be it.

The lack of soundtrack only contributes to the genuine 1970s Mid-western setting, the cinametography is extremely well done, the three lead actors are perfect and out of them Bardem does one of the better roles I've ever seen and finally the source material from McCarthy's novel is great.

The tense and suspension is great throughout the movie.

If I where to complain about anything in the movie I'd say the final scene shouldn't be in the movie (Tommy Lee Jones talking about his dreams).

Thrallala

May 11, 2008
Out of the Furnace - 4/10

It's easy to mistake this for a masterpiece when you see the cast list; Christian Bale, Casey Affleck, Woody Harrelson, Sam Shepard, Willem Dafoe and Forest Whitaker.
Out of these, Bale and Affleck are good the rest are mediocre at best.

However the shortcomings of this movie is not because of the acting but because the script is extremely shallow.
Early in the film Bale's character crashes into a car while driving drunk, a mother and her child dies. In the next scene we see Bale at the Steel Mill where he works (short scene maybe 20 seconds), in the scene after that he is in prison without anything inbetween. Then we're treated with maybe 5-10 short clips of Bale in prison and then he's out, it is stated that he was there for 3 years (I think), feels more like a week.

And now, completely out of character for Bale's Russel Baze the whole manslaughter/driving under the influence thing is dropped.

And finally, in order to push the Out of the Furnace to a runtime of nearly 2 hours. They have added a lot of pointless photography-like shots throughout the movie and the pacing is unnecessarily slow (if you've seen the movie Killing Them Softly, it's about as slow as Out of the Furnace).

The cinametography is pretty good.

Last edited:

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
The Matrix Revolutions-9/10

Pure movie genius from the Wachowskis.......... I never get tired of seeing this film.

Rush-10/10

Even better than the first time I saw it. A brilliant telling of motorsport history.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Virtuality-1/10

Poorly conceived, poorly made, poorly acted made for television movie length pilot for a tv series. Derivative plot mechanics and stereotyped characters. I gave it one point because, as far as I know, the series never went into production; which after watching this crap seems like a good thing.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
RED-10/10

I saw this movie when it first came out but had largely forgotten what a fun flick it is. Great cast and great humour. A real winner for entertainment. Even my missus enjoyed it and she usually hates these type of films.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
RED-10/10

I saw this movie when it first came out but had largely forgotten what a fun flick it is. Great cast and great humour. A real winner for entertainment. Even my missus enjoyed it and she usually hates these type of films.

Red 2 is quite fun as well, if you haven't seen it.

Thrallala

May 11, 2008
The Counselor - 2/10

Starring Javier Bardem, Brad Pitt, Michael Fassbender, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Diaz. Written by Cormac McCarty and directed by Ridley Scott.

The main characters motives or backstory are never explained properly, everyone calls Fassbender's character "Counselor" which seems real odd, Diaz is bad as always. The script is very poorly written and you never really understand what's going on.

Good actors, good director and good writer.... this should have been a good movie.

Oh and for some reason they tried some Tarantino stuff (lots and lots of dialogue) however it comes out as complete bullshit and most of it doesn't make any sense at all, wow.

Last edited:

Tux Android

Voice Pack Penguin
May 19, 2011
Philippines
Need for Speed (2014) [Cinema, 2D]
Despite having Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul in here (series already ended) and some awesome cars in this film, the Need for Speed movie adaptation lacks coincidence about the characters, nonsense plots, editing, loudness, and so-so 3D conversion. Trying to recreate "The Fast and the Furious" clone but redeemed failure.
Grade: C

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so it wasn't the best movie in the world, but I liked it a lot....esp the ending. Also, they didn't have the best actors in it (except Paul of course), but I have to give it a B. The cars were great and stunts were cool and loved the race at the end also. I didn't see it in 3D because I'm saving my eyes for Transformers in June.;)

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
Haven't seen it but I was surprised to see a 7.4 on imdb. Not that imdb is the be all end all of movie reviews. But still, that's a damn high score. I wonder how much of that is because of Aaron Paul.