Lets get together and Machinima with UT3?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

jaytaylor

Sep 2, 2009
Hello!

I have a short scene for a machinima in a post apocalyptic scene.

I have complete original voice overs for the scene (dialogue), foley, sound design & music as well as the map (setting).

My personal aim is to use this as a demo reel for sound design so I would like to implement the sounds myself, but I would like to partner with somebody who has a knowledge of creating a cutscene in UT3 with matinee/kismet? Using a few different camera angles etc

I would like to have this finished in Sept if possible! All the audio is at production quality (including the voice actor) , if you want to do something short and sweet to use for whatever purposes (credited), this might be good for you. Ie if you want to demonstrate your cut scenes using a game engine.

As you can see only one actor is needed. If we all enjoy working on this then we could expand into something longer if you wish, that's on the cards.

Basic script:

Dutch can hear water trickling in his headset, and whistling.

"C'mon Kid, I didn't break into this creepy house just to listen to your water works."

The trickle stops, then there's a flush.

"Sorry Dutch", as Kid zips up, "where were you?"

Dutch sighs in exasperation. "When you go on a hunt like this, you need to bring something...
reassuring". Dutch pulls a very large handgun out of its holster, "Like Bessy here". Dutch cocks Bessy.

"Bessy?"

Dutch continues creeping along.

"Yep. Bessy Bull-****er."

"Ohh"

"She's got silver hollow-point bullets, with sea salt in them, capped with wax from blessed
candles"

Low zombie moaning starts to get louder while Dutch creeps, and opens a creeky wooden door.

"Whether you're hunting lycanthropes, ectoplasms, or the.. uh... mortally challenged, she's bound to drop 'em."

Zombie sounds get very loud.

"Dutch? Do you hear that?"

Zombie moaning is at its loudest, then suddenly slams to silence!

Dutch looks around, wildly, through an open doorway. "Uh... uh..."

Dutch fires off two rounds indecisively, then three more roundsin rapid succession.

A very, very loud roar from an unseen (or possibly seen in the dark) monster.

Dutch spins and runs, legs pounding, fading in the distance.

"Dutch?", says Kid inquisitively over the headset.

"****ing RUN kid!", Dutch yells as he's legging it.

"Ahhh!" the kid screams, opens the van door, and his running footsteps fade in the distance

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
Would seem like a nice learning project, but I'm swamped with personal things. The script seems pretty good (although a bit cheesy) for a shorty. Care to give a bit of background? Who are these people, why are they there and where are they? :)

jaytaylor

Sep 2, 2009
Would seem like a nice learning project, but I'm swamped with personal things. The script seems pretty good (although a bit cheesy) for a shorty. Care to give a bit of background? Who are these people, why are they there and where are they? :)

Yeah a bit of hollywood action cheese never go's astray =p. I had a friend write this up for me so not sure on the background. Pretty much as you say though it's more intended as a learning project and for me to demonstrate my audio assets rather than anything else. It might be something I will end up doing myself, not sure, but if there is anybody who is interest in partaking (setting up the cameras in matinee, moving the character) then that would definately be something fantastic for me.