Review: AIM Trainer

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jesco

Jul 7, 2001
Hamburg, Germany
forums.beyondunreal.com
[ Transcript of review for AIM Trainer | Posted by Dade on 2002-12-29 | Score: 4.7 ]
Point, Click, dead....
As in the name, AIM Trainer, helps the unfortunate gamer to aim at the opposing team. It can be helpful, but it´s more of an annoyance..especially when you have the player information on.

Targeting
Yes, AIM has a little target on the enemy, and it jumps around, a lot. Also, you can see people through the wall (only the target, but you know where they are). When you have the player info on, it tells you how much armor they have, health, and the distance they are from you.

No umph
I played it with the Respawner mod, and it seemed to run really nicely, lag wasn´t a big problem. This mutator is a good idea, but just needs that little umph, which can enhance the mutator.

-PN9

morbiD`

Dec 12, 2003
Don't download this! Servers' cheat protection says its got banned cheat binds and this got me booted from the n00bie clan i just joined when i didn't even have it installed any more! Whoever made this mutator or makes it available without a warning is a retard!

Last edited:

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
And why would you join a server with something that cheat protection would detect anyway? You can see people through the wall, how far away they are from you, and how much health and armour they have. And you can't see anything here that might be construed as a cheat?

I see one retard, but it isn't the mod author.

morbiD`

Dec 12, 2003
Yes I know there are things which can be considered cheats but two things to point out:

a) Please do correct me if i'm wrong but it's a mutator so surely the server would need to be running it for it to work on the client, meaning it couldn't be used for cheating.

b) If I am correct with point a) then why is cheat protection detecting the mutator control binds as cheat binds when it cannot be used online. (I had removed the mutator anyway, but did not realise I had to remove the binds being a n00b so it showed up on the cheat protection even though I didn't have it).

I just felt that it was a misleading because it seems to purport to be nothing more than a mod to help you improve but it resulted in the events mentioned above. Thus I thought a warning that it is recognised as a cheat would not be inappropriate considering it is a mutator which may well appeal to other newbies as well.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
The anti cheat stuff is probably reading your keybinds. So after you take out the mod, the binds are still there. The cheat protection sees this and assumes the worst. Totally clear out these binds and that should help your problem here.

morbiD`

Dec 12, 2003
Am I right that it can't be used online without the server also having it installed because it would seem rediculous that the binds are detected as cheat binds if the mutator can't be used to cheat?

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Doesn't matter. The program sees the binds and assumes the worst. It's just a program. It's designed to stop cheats, or what it sees as cheats. You may be able to get away with having it installed if you don't have AIM Trainer binds on any key. You are right when you say you wouldn't be able to use it online as it is a mutator.