Tutorial suggestions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
Time to put your thinking caps on lads, is there anything that you'd like a tutorial about? Is there anything you'd like to write a tutorial about? If so, post it here for the former or contact me about the latter ;)

BTW I've a few ideas up my sleeve already, mostly just some rehashing of pre-existing code to make a tute.

ogseir

Sep 4, 2003
im glad you asked for tuts we want
i registered here just to answer this

there is a thing that a newie mod developer always want to do and i ve never seen on a tutorial ( and i ve searched and searched and searched for it for 2 years)

when you want to make a mod, of course you want to modify the weapons (there are tons and tons to do that)

BUT the second thing you want to modify... are the characters.
You desire to have players with more or less life, more or less velocity and more or less amount of jump.
And to have a menu to select them. (to be the faster and the weak or to be the strong and slow...)

well i think that could be a mutator tutorial to do this because is something basic that all people want to make... but nobody has done it yet

punk129

!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111
Jan 18, 2003
Germany
www.punk129.com
y should we write tutorials about all the things you want to know? If you learn UScript you can do it all without a tutorial (imo the best tutorial is the UT2003 sourcecode). But if you don't want to learn it we don't want to help. We've not the time to write a complet mod for you.

For example changing the playerspeed is a very simple thing, I need max 3 minutes for it. Why should I write a tutorial about that? Everybody who learned UScript should be able to do this.

If you've a specific problem you can ask in forums (e.g. BUF, or in german www.unrealed.de).

nikita66

Feb 7, 2005
could you please help me on making a capture the flag map. I can't find out how to add the flag base. UT2003 editor