UE3 - UDK Doors - opening away from the player

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

uk_mal

Sep 28, 2010
Hello! I've been teaching myself UDK over the last few weeks, and I've finally hit a problem I can't seem to work-around myself, so I thought I'd join up and see if any experts here can help me!

I've created an outdoor level with a swinging gate in. Now, I'm competent enough to get the gate to open using either a trigger or a trigger volume, and animating it with Matinee. However, rather than the gate swinging one direction, I'd like it to always open away from the player (think saloon doors in a western, or hospital doors). However, I'm having some trouble getting this to work.

Initially I created two trigger volumes, one each side of the gate, and linked each volume to a matinee event that would move the gate away from the player. This half worked; although the gate opened away from the player as he approached it, as soon as he walked though the entrance, the other trigger volume would be touched, and the gate would swing back the other direction.

I've tried various work-arounds, including converting the trigger volume into an interpactor, and moving them out of the way when the other volume is touched, but this didn't work either.

I'm now wondering if there's a way of disabling a triggervolume for a specified length of time. I'm thinking that, with triggervolumes "A" and "B", if I could disable "B" for 1.5 seconds after "A" was touched, this would solve my problem.

Or is there another solution?

Thanks! :)

uk_mal