Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
I've been playing on my server a lot lately. Started building a giant fortress made of obsidian (well, mostly obsidian). Can't get plugins to load on it right now (my server is hosted through Brohoster, and for some reason just my account can't upload .jar files, getting that fixed soon), so it's been hell trying to jump around and construct the damn thing. Still, all good fun :) I'll post pics when it's done.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
It's been annoying trying to get a world a couple friends and I were running to run at a decent framerate via any of our own machines (especially after the 1.5 update), so I'm actually starting to look around to see if anyone wants another Minecrafter on their server. I'm pretty novice at the entire thing (I've not seen any lapis lazuli or obsidian, or even a functioning minecart), but I enjoy the building aspect of it a lot.

I may drop by on your server at some point this weekend, Inferyes. :)

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
It's been annoying trying to get a world a couple friends and I were running to run at a decent framerate via any of our own machines (especially after the 1.5 update), so I'm actually starting to look around to see if anyone wants another Minecrafter on their server. I'm pretty novice at the entire thing (I've not seen any lapis lazuli or obsidian, or even a functioning minecart), but I enjoy the building aspect of it a lot.

I may drop by on your server at some point this weekend, Inferyes. :)

Yeah haha. I'm going through the trouble of upkeeping the server so the more people who play on it the better the investment of my time is. I do a little work and lots of people (and myself) get to play on the server. ;)

Also I'm nominating this as cave of the year.

caveoftheyear.png

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I'm playing locally at Peaceful so I can explore around. Found a dungeon and am now just digging down. How cubes deep is a map.

IIRC a chunk is 256x256x64. So probably 40 or 50 blocks deep before you hit bedrock.

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Just finished this circuit. The next step is to build a circuit to display messages on the 4x8 LED. :)
It's to bad I'm almost out of red stone.

[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/LED.png[/SCREENSHOT]
[SCREENSHOT]http://inferno.codebrainshideout.net/Images/circuit.png[/SCREENSHOT]

icks

May 23, 2008
[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQwpl7SlzvI[/M]

:)

I'm looking for a server to test this on actually. Any of you got one? I don't really want to consider the server communities minecraft forums harbour.

/relurk

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
I guess Sleepyheads server is gone now ( about a week and a half offline), ohwell i'll be uninstalling anyway.

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Getting there, slowly expanding my house and building some brick walls. Made it down to the bedrock and have found some gold and diamonds.

Is there anyway I can get a powered cart to pull me up? Or is that what the new rails in 1.5 are about?

Can I also build corner stairs to help me complete my roof?

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I guess Sleepyheads server is gone now ( about a week and a half offline), ohwell i'll be uninstalling anyway.

Meh, everyone is either already playing on other servers with their friends, just playing single player, or not interested enough to play that much. I would play a lot more if I had people to play with, but I don't know any good unauthenticated servers and don't really know anyone else who plays besides people in this thread. :lol:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Sleepy Head: REALISM BOREDOM MODS, THIS IS A HARDCORE SERVER PHAGITS.
Players: Meh.
Sleepy Head: LOL CRY BABIES.

*crickets*

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Getting there, slowly expanding my house and building some brick walls. Made it down to the bedrock and have found some gold and diamonds.

Is there anyway I can get a powered cart to pull me up? Or is that what the new rails in 1.5 are about?

Can I also build corner stairs to help me complete my roof?
Powered carts are pretty useless with the powered rails in. They do have some use though. Since non-player-filled carts don't go as far as player-filled carts after being boosted by the powered rails, if you have your powered rails spread thin you can use powered carts to make sure the empty/chest ones keep going.

No corner stairs though, I usually put half blocks on corners.

Hazel.H

Jan 15, 2004
Yeah haha. I'm going through the trouble of upkeeping the server so the more people who play on it the better the investment of my time is. I do a little work and lots of people (and myself) get to play on the server. ;)

Also I'm nominating this as cave of the year.

caveoftheyear.png
When are people usually on the server? I've been playing the past couple of nights. Found a cave with around 8 diamond blocks in view and some other stuff but died after falling down a hole while fighting zombies :(

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Who took over my mansion? I'd like to reclaim what I started. I'll put all the brick into a chest, can't really salvage all that smooth stone though...

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Yeah matt took over that (btsgear). I told him you'd come back and force him out but he did it anyways. Put up some signs telling him to GTFO if you want.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Yeah matt took over that (btsgear). I told him you'd come back and force him out but he did it anyways. Put up some signs telling him to GTFO if you want.

Lol, ok. I reverted most of the changes, I think he has two wolves in my hideout too. Hopefully he understands that I wasn't ready to relenquish my oceanfront property :)

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
Hey flash you said you'd post some minecart system here yesterday but I went ahead and designed a boolean stack minecart storage system with a delay repeater for stopping carts at stations.

It's to bad I'm running out supplies haha if you have anything I can use (gold, redstone, iron) it'd really help. ;)