anyone interested in a 1v1 tournament

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
m&ms said:
Heh, if you can hold even with raffi then you should be able to beat me, t2a.
Not with your aim being as good as it's been.

THe last match me and raffi had was on rankin and it was 11 - 11, I saw him go by goo and stupidly I followed with link and he gooed me for the win. :c

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
There won't be two separate brackets. There'll probably be a double-elim system so if you lose a match you will play another match against someone who has also lost. Should give some more balanced games.

m&ms

Melts in your mouth, not in your hand.
Jul 13, 2003
in a bag....duh
Visit site
We need a conversion of JB-Heights to be a map in this tourney.

Hehehe, I might not even play this one. Might as well go out with a winning record ;)

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
It's not like the tournament is tomorrow. I'm sure if you played about 3 1v1's you could beat me.

ThirtySixBelow

tactical inaccuracy
Feb 6, 2005
I just lost a 1v1 by about 10 frags to an adept bot.

The bots cheat. Don't get close to them at any cost. Within 5 feet means they will switch to a flak cannon you didn't know they had, and they will own you. The know where you move when they have rockets, so try and stay far away pretty much at all times while playing the bots and that will increase your chances of victory. Also, if you are playing 1v1 with the bots, make sure weapon stay is off so you can take all of the weapons that they cheat with, like the flak cannon and the link/mini gun. If you wonder why they are doing summersaults in the corner of the walls, don't worry, it's just cheats, you can't do it. People starting off doing 1v1 have no where to play because everyone that plays 1v1 is pro. I would consider myself to be a decent fragger, but I can't beat ANYONE at 1v1. So just play the bots like you are for 1v1 to get the feel of it and some real people online in regular DM to understand how real people move, and the fragbu 1v1 should be a good chance to play some non pro's at 1v1.

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
Can I enter the contest as well? I don't think I can win, but I'm curious just where I'll end up :)

Also...I missed the last tournament due to unavailableness when the arrangements were made. I don't think that'll happen again...