Something hi!lar!ious just happened...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Swift Viper

Long live Xmas Xan Mark III(By Hyrulian)
No I don't mean I shoot people for nowhere (like those lamers) as it sounded like from, "You want to do that, go play dm-ctf-as-dom whatever", only if their in the way or try to shoot me off an eage and you made it almost sounded like I was "one of them" (lamers). Note I did not say I wanted to shoot people for no reason, as you made it sound, almost sounds like your putting words in my mouth :tdown: , I don't like that. Don't know if it is "two wrongs don't make a right", "getting even", or "self defence", but no one (besides the lamer) said anything about it. I also did not ask why you could not download the retail levels (already have both Unreal Gold and UT G.O.T.Y.), I was wondering how the DK levels were not on UTCMS when it has nearly every other Unreal files.

I might check out the other coop servers, depending how I'm feeling, have not really play online laterly due to lamers and pros (due to "no skill noob" style comments). Edit: Come to think of it, how come Wes gets more lamers then most other coop servers, is it because it is easy to find, then been banned from the other servers, admin not banned them yet, etc.?

True that trying to act like someone else exactly is nearly impossible, I had the most problems with that kind of lamer (same name and stuff), only my ping was lower ;) .

Last edited:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
I remember good old nostalgia from the days of unreal.
I owned co-op, most of the time the only lamers were poeple who wanted a shieldbelt or something.

ppl used to write messages with the DP too. Spire is good for that.

Also go to the biiiiig hill at the end of spire village and create a ridiculously sized battle between whatever you want. Just make two factions and drop a skaarj gunner in the center :D.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Swift Viper said:
No I don't mean I shoot people for nowhere (like those lamers) as it sounded like from, "You want to do that, go play dm-ctf-as-dom whatever", only if their in the way or try to shoot me off an eage and you made it almost sounded like I was "one of them" (lamers). Note I did not say I wanted to shoot people for no reason, as you made it sound, almost sounds like your putting words in my mouth :tdown: , I don't like that. Don't know if it is "two wrongs don't make a right", "getting even", or "self defence", but no one (besides the lamer) said anything about it. .

Something went wrong here :D I wasn't referring to you :O)

Instead of "you want to do that", I should've said "if someone"

:O) my bad.

Fat_cam: Spirevillage is so big, it's perfect for most crazy stuff... like summoning tons of monsters, building huge table towers.. etc :O) fun.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
rant:

How messy it sometimes can be.
I'm just glad to see my favourite server up and running. And if not, I can always start my own for me and a couple of good buddies.

But on wes, it's well... :) If you go play there, never (that's sad) expect a real co-op game. There's always someone who tends to (or try) **** up the game.

Be it teamkilling, voicespam.. sigh.

The other day there were four of us on terraniux. This one guy, called nali, kept voicespamming "you suck".
Well, I just ignore that. Stuff like that used to piss me off, but not any longer :)

HIs brother, eliminator(or bloodybones, or nitestar) didn't mind course.

The third guy however, got pissed off and told him to stfu.
Of course nali didn't. Well, so then the third guy left.

Just cause of those lamers. I'm not letting mysefl getting chased off a server cause of kids like that.

Then in Skytown, this guy called starscream joins. Then leaves. Rejoins. leaves.
Then all of the sudden a "NeoNite" joins.
Simply to start a fight course; He'd expected me to say
"HEY WTF DO U THINK UR DOING". Something like that I suppose.
I just ignore him.
Then he finally, bored of course, changes his name to "master_chief".

Hehe, I don't let them get to me.

Then there are always the losers who, on purpose, end the level asap.

But it's not all bad. There was this one time, when someone actually asked to end the level. I said no, and what a miracel... he or she agreed.

He/she asked again. I still didn't feel like switching levels (harobed village, much fun) and another miracle, he/she agreed again!
On [cshp]wes, that's a rare thing!!!

When I had all ammo, and all monsters were slain, we finally ended.
One of those rare ok moments on that server.

I've seen a lot in all these months i've played coop. And I pretty much know how to react/what to expect.

I just wish there were more people who'd want to play coop the way it's meant to be played :-B
They're hard to find.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
I'd be tempted to upload coop to a clan server but I don't know if it's possible.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
A couple weeks ago I tried to play DM in UT. I've been playing nothing but UT2k3 lately but it's too competetive and I wanted a change of pace.

So I hop in this server, play at least 5-6 games and win maybe two or three. We're on Tempest and I'm kicking some butt (Tempest is an easy map to dominate if you control the boots) and one of the guys there says 'always the powerup with you', after I kill him with the amp for like the third time that game. I said 'I'd kick your ass with or without the amp. :/' and then 'I've been playing TDM for a long time, I can't help controlling the powerups. It's just how I play.'

I win, the map switches. Nothing more was said. Then suddenly I'm banned with no warning.

Now, maybe I wasn't so nice to that guy but I assumed we were just having some friendly smack talk. I mean if you're losing bad and you criticize your opponent's play style, you should expect some kind of response right? I don't EVER criticize other person's play style, that's one thing I never do.

Anyways. Same story, different setting. I've been banned from UT2k3 servers a couple times for going ballistic on new players. What bugged me every single time was that I was never warned at all. I mean, if I was told to leave or I'd be banned, I would leave. I'd be bummed, but I don't want to ruin other peoples' enjoyment of the game.

Gah. Communication is too difficult for some people.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
What server was it ? You have to be careful on some clan servers or community servers as there's some specific rules in place.

When it comes to community servers, it is sometimes assumed that you have visited the web site and read the rules that are in application before entering a server. That is the case of Truff's where you'll probablt get banned if you cause trouble on the beginner's server.

As for clan servers, some clans out there are pretty weird and their members having admin access think it's ok to ban someone if they don't appreciate them. Needless to say, this is not a responsable attitude coming from an admin. There's one or two servers like this in the LMS community where they've added mutators that take the flak cannon out, for example, because it's too spammy for their taste and where you will probably get banned by a clan member if you're beating them (stupid perfectionnists ...).

Hunter

BeyondUnreal Newsie
Aug 20, 2001
...Behind You...
www.unrealfans.com
Pineconeboy said:
Anyways. Same story, different setting. I've been banned from UT2k3 servers a couple times for going ballistic on new players. What bugged me every single time was that I was never warned at all. I mean, if I was told to leave or I'd be banned, I would leave. I'd be bummed, but I don't want to ruin other peoples' enjoyment of the game.

Gah. Communication is too difficult for some people.

same thing has happened to me, about 4 new players we playing, i only joined to play. I end up owning them all getting the 25 to win without dying, all the GG's were said and then i wait for the next map to load and i find out i'm banned.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Hehe, this happened to me when I tried the demo of UT2003 for the first time. The pings are generallly bad so I didn't realize I was on a privately hosted server until I got to a Holy **** ! (that was a very first for me) and realized that I was among some friends who were having a friendly game. I think I got insulted a few times and the guy who was hosting shut the server down :D .

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
NeoNite said:
It's not that hard.

Install the oldskool (version 239) mod (not hard to find this mod) and voila, you can play coop :O)

Hmmm, I know how to launch an ONP server on my machine by I don't know if this would be possible on a proper clan server. My clan is thinking of getting a server at gaming.34sp.com and you're limited to FTP access and the web admin.

Maybe it might be possible if I back up all the original files, upload custom packages and ini files and restarted the server. Does anyone know if this would work ?

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Fearless said:
What server was it ? You have to be careful on some clan servers or community servers as there's some specific rules in place.

When it comes to community servers, it is sometimes assumed that you have visited the web site and read the rules that are in application before entering a server. That is the case of Truff's where you'll probablt get banned if you cause trouble on the beginner's server.

Actually, I bookmarked the website listed in the server name afterwards so I can e-mail them and b!tch them out if they ever put any contact info on that page for admins, or anybody for that matter.

http://www.isurfgames.com/index.html

:hmm: