Looking for the old "Allow Vehicles" mutator

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Hey there,

I'm hunting for an old mutator whose sole purpose was to allow vehicles in non vehicle gametypes. I've spent the last 4 hours searching the internet to no avail (productive, I know...). AFAIK it simply goes by the name "Allow Vehicles".

I recently fired up an invasion rpg on ons-torlan only to discover that there are no vehicles to drive around :( . All I need is this mutator apparently but I can't turn it up. If someone here has it on their HD I would be eternally grateful

edit: I've managed to find the .u on a couple of redirect servers but there's no .ucl to make it show up in the mutator list.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I don't know if it's still actual, but check this one out.

http://www.freewebs.com/chrondog/mutators.htm

Links are all broken but the mod's listed in there.

OP: I know this is not exactly what you want but sometimes we have to make sacrifices in our gamesets.

Try the Compressed Vehicle Transporter from U4E. As you get ammo for it or credits or whatever, you can literally call up vehicles. Everywhere from turrets to the Leviathan. Some cost more and some less.

Note: To switch vehicles, simply hold the right mouse button and use the scroll wheel. I spent a long bloody time trying to figure that out.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
"Allow vehicles" is not a mutator, because it wouldn't make any difference in regular gameplay. It's a property of the game mode, variable bAllowVehicles defined in class GameInfo. Setting it to True will allow mappers (or "summon"-ers) to place vehicles in the map. That property is False by default in most game modes, but it is True in Onslaught, Assault, VCTF and some custom modes like Jailbreak. For all other modes, a simple custom actor like the following will enable vehicle support:
Code:
class AllowVehicles extends Info placeable;

function PreBeginPlay()
{
  Level.Game.bAllowVehicles = True;
}