Sanctum Announced For UT3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
A team of eleven university students at Högskolan in Skövde, Sweden have announced their project, Sanctum. The modification promises to bring some tower-defense action to Unreal Tournament 3. You can find plenty of more screenshots in the release thread and some finished models and a video on their ModDB page.

Fluorescence

Feb 19, 2009
Berkshire, England
i love the concept art, wow i wish i was able to create concept art like that.., originally i thought it was going to be more of a 3rd person to show off the model of the woman. but it still looks neat!

i love the futuristic theme with the kind of blue tint.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Like I said before, looks great, but the over-the-top bulky design is just hilariously ridiculous. Looks like her bones would break into pieces for having those fists, unless they're made of cardboard :p

Last edited:

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
Like I said before, looks great, but the over-the-top bulky design is just hilariously ridiculous. Looks like her bones would break into pieces for having those fists, unless they're made of cardboard :p

I was going to say the same thing. This is really unappealing character design imo.

gen_090520_7.jpg

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
I was going to say the same thing. This is really unappealing character design imo.

Aye... It's not just the over-the-top armor; she would also look weird and unappealing without it. Even more so, perhaps. Too waif and wrong proportions.

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
Aye... It's not just the over-the-top armor; she would also look weird and unappealing without it. Even more so, perhaps. Too waif and wrong proportions.

Since when do video games have to follow the right proportions?

I like the character design, its unique.

Interbellum

I used to be a man
May 17, 2008
Since when do video games have to follow the right proportions?

Well, if you want to create an a sexy, visually appealing female char, it's advisable not to mess with proportions too much (and yes, that includes breasts, imo). Of course, if you don't care about sexy, pretty much anything goes...

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
rule number 1 of game design. (well maybe should be rule number 1.)

do not be afraid to throw out something that doesn't work.

the female character doesn't work on many levels. although the quality of the art and execution isn't in question, the overall design just doesn't work.
all that said though i see a lot of potential with this and applaud this team for creating something that looks so different. their concept artist(s) kicks ass.

Last edited:

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Number one rule of working to a schedule however - if it ain't actually broke, don't fix it ;)

well i know this isn't an apples to apples comparison but Marcus Fenix went through a lot of iterations before the iconic armor and look was created. But yes, it depends on how much time they have. If only in the concept art phase i think a refined version should be created. Makes no sense if the character is rigged and already animated. Just depends how far down the pipeline they are.