I have animated my character, now how do i get it to work in UT2004 engine?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Hey guys, i'm new to this forum and i'm working on a UT200 mod, i'm making a game with custom models and all.

So far i ahve build my own custom characters in Maya and animated it, it walks on 4 legs and the walk cycle animation is about 25 frames long, so how do i import it into Ut2004 engine?? and get it to work in the game?? is there any good tutorials out there that teach this kind of stuff?? thanks in advance!! :D:D:):);):D

Argus

Spack Jazzrabbit
Feb 13, 2008
Scotland
Hate to tell you this but you've posted in the wrong forum.

This belongs in the Modelling/Skinning forum, I believe.

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Does anyone know how to import Animated characters into UT2004 engine?
My deepest thanks and gratitude to anyone that can help me!! :)

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
Doesn't anyone know how to do this???? i'm struggling to find help from other forum, i have seen plenty mods with custom characters and other contents!!! so please let me know if there are any good tutorials around, or if you guy know it, please tell me, thank you!!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
Have you searched these forums at all for an explanation/tutorial? I don't use Maya myself (MilkShape3d is my weapon of choice), but I think this tutorial on the UnrealWiki may help, its geared towards MayaPLE, but I believe the exporting procedure is similar (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). I believe you will need a special export plugin as well. There used to be a lot of good tutorials on the UDN website, but they seem to have 'broken' the UT2x side of things (to force people to UT3 maybe?)

Blu_comet

Mar 21, 2008
thanks meowcat for the link!!! i did look over that site earlier and i must have missed it!!

Now i have another problem, i have imported my character and my weapons into UT2004 engine, but how do i get my character to hold the sword at the base (sword handle), like i want my character to hold the sword with his right hand. Like right now the weapon looks like it is floating in the mid air with my character standing there. have u got any idea on how to fix that??? thanks!!

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
It sounds like you need to add the appropriate 'attachment sockets' to your model so that the code can properly attach the sword to the player model, and luckily it looks like the UDN2 is back up, so here are some tutorials they've created:
-Adding attachment points
-exporting from maya

The name of your attachment point should be 'weapon_bone'