GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just finished the Jacob helicopter mission thing, I was laughing my ass off for Niko yelling at Jacob not able to get a good shot because I was driving like ****. Man that mission is so priceless...

I also laughed my ass off when Brucie asked how he looked after you finish first in the first race. RockStar has put so many attention to this character.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
Yeah I got them twice, twice I was on a mission.
I'll get in touch next time, or maybe now...

Well darn, I guess Badger is an apt name for a cellphone then. I'll still keep bugging you when I'm online :biggrin2:

BTW, am I the only one who think the intro sucks big time? You can't skip it, I wouldn't mind if it would be exactly like the one from IGN's review. Where they got it from anyway? Is it part of the game, or the guys at IGN are ****ing brilliant? Because I love that intro a lot.

Awesome match with the music.

Do you mean the intro at the very start of a new game, or the intro every time you start up the game? If it's the former then no, I thought that was pretty cool, if it's the latter then I think that's secretly a loading screen.

EDIT: And yeah, it's lame.

Last edited:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
WTF ?
This game pretty much shows why you shouldn't even drink & drive.
You're better off trying to walk home until you start walking somewhat straight. And even then it's hard to drive in a straight line at any speed ...

Of course one could argue that it makes sobering up appear to be pretty fast by comparison.

btw : it's not hot coffee this time around. It's merely warm ... ;)

//
The airport has plenty of open space :D
Just don't try to board a 747 while you are there, because the cops will get you.

Last edited:

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I am so glad the game has auto save because I forget to go back to safe house and save. I just keep doing mission after mission. Well during one mission the game decided to crash!

Had to reboot my xbox, but hopefully this will not happen again.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
BTW, am I the only one who think the intro sucks big time? You can't skip it, I wouldn't mind if it would be exactly like the one from IGN's review. Where they got it from anyway? Is it part of the game, or the guys at IGN are ****ing brilliant? Because I love that intro a lot.

It plays while the game content is loading, thus you can't skip it. I don't think it's that big of a deal.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I think so far the only thing I don't like about the game is the lack of safe houses/garages.

San Andreas spoiled the sh*t out of players with something like 20 houses and 10 or so garages. Now safe houses as a way to save have been cut back due to the autosave feature, that's fine, but I still wish I could have 10-15 cars of my own saved around different parts of the city.

Otherwise, IV is already the clear front runner for game of the year.

BTW, am I the only one who think the intro sucks big time? You can't skip it,

Small price to pay for the fact that once you're past it the game never does a single ounce of loading or preloading throughout the rest of play. For as big as the game is you'd have to expect a very small load some point early on, this intro is that load in disguise. Then you can just go for hours and hours cleanly, I think I can put up with a little load for that.
Besides, it gives you time to pack a bowl or crack open some cold ones and pour em' up into your favorite chilled mug :tup:

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
:eek: Pigeons?! :con: well I've been playing for hours (2 long nights) and I haven't even found one.. :D I love this game!

Heck ... I found 2 and until I tried shooting them and the game told me I had eliminated a flying rat (sp?) I wouldn't have known what to do with them.

Like all the 'important' weapons and other stuff you can find on the streets these beasts glow when you're near them.
There's one that is very easy to locate :
climb on top of the rollercoaster (sp?) ... you'll find one sitting on the rails.
shoot it with the gun

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Lol pigeons. I saw one the other day when I was doing some mission, They have a red neon light like the weapon pickups. I couldn't do anything with it since I was almost dead and the cops were after me.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Gee man, I hardly ever find one any now and then, what the **** with 200 pigeons to kill, this is madness. :lol:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
The airport has plenty of open space :D
Just don't try to board a 747 while you are there, because the cops will get you.

That airport is the devil in disguise. I was just taking a joyride and saw an opening that lead out to the runway. Well no sooner that I get onto the runway, I instantly get a 4 star wanted level. I was seriously like WTFBBQ wheres my ****ing pancakes at that time. During that time I found a hidden jump, which then proceeded to be completed with me crashing through the windshield, which then ended with me going to take a swim in the ocean whilst getting pelted with guns. Uggh.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?

I need to find if they have put that map online anywhere at a decent resolution.

Would be interesting to add it to scale to this image
USC_geo.png

to compare how large IV is to its predecessors. It's pretty crazy to see how much it has grown already. SA in the middle, with 3 in the top right and VC in the bottom left; quite a disparity. Andreas dwarfs 'em.

Also, one last bit of pluggage for my beloved San Andreas; there's a mod now for it that adds cars reflection, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO), Indirect Lightning (IL) and bloom effects.
These are actual screenshots with it on full, click to make big!
[screenshot]http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/screenshots/wallpaper_gtasa15.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/screenshots/wallpaper_gtasa16.jpg[/screenshot]
[screenshot]http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/screenshots/wallpaper_gtasa08.jpg[/screenshot]

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Course take out all the open space and it would be roughly the same size as GTAIV. Or maybe slightly smaller who knows.