Bio-Rifle

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hot or Not?

• I`m loving it because I do know how to use it

Votes: 64 70.3%
  • I like it but I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I don`t like it because I don`t know how to use it

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I hate it even I do know how to use it

Votes: 13 14.3%

• Total voters

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
dc- said:
I use flak more than hitscan usually and don't whine about getting killed by anything. You seem like a pub hero so I'm just going to ignore any and all comments of yours because you are obviously very very bad at UT :[

edit..oh wait, you're banned. Hf with your demo pubs
I'm too lazy to read back but I swear you said the Bio was a n00b gun and that it takes no skill to use.

Mar 20, 2002
Chica Go
Visit site
dc- said:
I really don't think it would have any effect at all on a lot of players. Really all you need to do is either wall dodge over it or shoot a rocket at it and you're home free. Don't even have to stop moving or change your path much at all.
And yet it is overpowered? :confused:

dc- said:
It's a horribly overpowered noobmaster piece of spammy **** and nobody with half a brain or a decent amount of skill will use it for anything other than desparation - hence why people used to call it the desparation cannon.
:con:

Last edited:

dc

Aug 17, 2005
Kharnellius said:
And yet it is overpowered? :confused:

:con:
Just because you can dodge over it when it's sitting on the ground in plain view not moving at all doesn't mean it can't be overpowered (which it is)

:)

Wookiee

Lets Rock
Aug 4, 2004
The_Head said:
If it is overpowered why do nearly all players choose the the shock, lg, minigun, rl, flak..... etc before using the bio.
Does that make all of the guns overpowered?

Did you read dc-'s posts?

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I remember that someone hit me once with the bio and i fly'ed in the whole platform that is in the shock room up to the ltg's in rankin. And i had a small damage, it was funny.

dc

Aug 17, 2005
The_Head said:
Care to explain its meaning then?

(not meant to be sarcastic btw - just came out that way)
The goo is overpowered but inneficient.

Nunchuk_Skillz

May 18, 2005
Seems pretty obvious to me. A fully-charged goo gun does an incredible amount of damage, but it's so difficult to hit with on any kind of consistent basis and also has a significant amount of randomness in terms of how the goo splooshes (yes, I invented a word for you :p) that most people either just:

a) load it up and then spam it hoping for a totally lucky kill (SEE: TAM), which is also the reason a lot of people say it's n00b (massive damage + spam + luck = n00b gets an undeserved kill), or

b) use it out of desperation because they have nothing else better (SEE: TDM/DM when the other player/team has the map locked down).

That clear it up?

The_Head

JB Mapper
Jul 3, 2004
UK
www.unrealized-potential.com
Nunchuk_Skillz said:
Seems pretty obvious to me. A fully-charged goo gun does an incredible amount of damage, but it's so difficult to hit with on any kind of consistent basis and also has a significant amount of randomness in terms of how the goo splooshes (yes, I invented a word for you :p) that most people either just:

a) load it up and then spam it hoping for a totally lucky kill (SEE: TAM), which is also the reason a lot of people say it's n00b (massive damage + spam + luck = n00b gets an undeserved kill), or

b) use it out of desperation because they have nothing else better (SEE: TDM/DM when the other player/team has the map locked down).

That clear it up?
Not that hard to hit. Aim to hit them dead on rather than with splash, it has a bit of a knockback in primary fire making followup shots good and the alt fire is great for a quick kill, or limiting the 'safe' area you can move around in.
As to a n00b getting an 'undeserved' kill.
What bull****, the 'killed' player should have avoided the bio, rather than bitching about it like half of the people in this thread....

briach

ಠ_ಠ DaReTaL ಠ_ಠ
Sep 2, 2005
º_º FeiShan º_º
When someone loads up bio, you basically can't act aggressively towards them, movement-wise. The only thing that works good against bio is hitscan.

Bio doesn't take a lot of skill to use, like so many pub players think. It takes a whole lot less prediction than rockets to use effectively. The only drawback is the rof. Bad players don't like the rof, but that's the reason why the number one use of it is over or around corners while running backwards, or making easy annoying pickup shots. The biorifle doesn't take an incredible amount of skill to use, compared to hitscan. You don't need a lot of mouse dexterity or movement skills to use the bio effectively, you just have to realize it's applications, weaknesses and strengths and play with it accordingly.

It's by no means a weapon players can outlet a lot of skill into effectively, because it's applications are so limited, and the only hardcore, non-defensive frags are because of ping, packetloss, lack of awareness, or plain stupidity on the recieving side.