Personal Online Problems

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I need help with my UT2004 online screens. Now my internet (Verizon DSL) seems to be working fine, since I load web sites quickly like always; however, just today (5/1/05) around 2:30 PM, my UT2004 Join Game section is always reading "Connection Failed." Now, my computer runs fine right now, however it has been acting fishy the past few days. For example my internet seems fine, but I have beend downloading files at 20-30 kps instead of the normal 160-180 kps. Now, I was able to compete in the lockdown and I didn't lag at all really except for when my computer was loading some stupid McAfee crap that slowed it down temporarily. My ping was normal during the matches and online play is fine but I can't quary the servers. I'm fine playing online but how can I play online if I can't see the servers available. Does anyone know anything about what could cause this problem or how to fix it or does anyone have anysuggestions for what I should do?

Aersik

Turbo charged pogo stick
Feb 9, 2005
The master server has been down. Your favourites will be the only section that works when the master server is down, so add some servers there for when this happens.

Spudsy

Unreal Tournament Junkie
Feb 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Oh okay. Geez that solved that problem quickly he he he he. Thank you very much. It still is a little fishy thought since my internet has now slowed to a crawl just today (5/2). My comp is getting old.