GTAIV thread anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Grand Theft Auto III (14.5 million, may include PC and Xbox versions)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (12 million)
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (17.5 million, may include PC and Xbox versions)

Those numbers could be PS2 alone :eek:

Halo 3 (8.1 million)
Gears of War (4.5 million)

and ofcoarse those are 360 only, Gears does have a PC version but I doubt it would get over 6mil including those. Halo3 sold the quickest for a game ever so Im wondering how well GTA4 will do vs that record also :p

Actually this time its on xbox as well, so I wonder what the 360 vs PS3 sales will be like since GTA is usually very strong on PS.

Last edited:

akstylish

Keyboard Crasha
Jan 22, 2008
Mario (200 million)
Pokémon (175 million)
The Sims (100 million)
Final Fantasy (80 million)
Grand Theft Auto (70 million)
Madden NFL (70 million)
Tetris (70 million)
FIFA (65 million)
The Legend of Zelda (52 million)
Donkey Kong (48 million)
gta series is the fifth best-selling franchise? I knew it was poular, but not this much.
o_O

edit: actually, I'm more surprised how well pokemon games sold.

Last edited:

Majik

blargh
Jun 24, 2004
Denmark
Tried to get a copy today, but of course it was sold out everywhere.

Stupid other people living in this town, stupid other people pre-ordering before me on Amazon and stupid me for over- and underestimating the supply and demand for this title! :mad:

Fiddlesticks!

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Tried to get a copy today, but of course it was sold out everywhere.

Stupid other people living in this town, stupid other people pre-ordering before me on Amazon and stupid me for over- and underestimating the supply and demand for this title! :mad:

Fiddlesticks!

They only had 65 copies spare at the place I went to (that were not for preorders), and most of those went last night at 00:00.

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
That 12mil must have only included PS2 version then, 20mil is like bordering on mario territory :p

Theres been a steady increase from one game to the next so could this one hit 25mil I wonder :)

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
They only had 65 copies spare at the place I went to (that were not for preorders), and most of those went last night at 00:00.

They had plenty in the city I was, got a sealed copy myself.

Edit: The only reason I'm not playing it right now is my PS3 controller needs to recharge.

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Picked up my copy at midnight. While I waited I chatted with a dude who claimed he knew Fata1ity(he is from KC afterall) and pretty much just chatted about the game for the next 30 minutes. Got home and played for almost 3 hours. I am loving the little touches that they added. Vehicles actually handle like real vehicles now as in its hard to slow down and take turns at high speeds. Tapping the button to get out of your car leaves the car running and you can also hear the radio outside of your car, while holding it down will shut it off entirely. Going down to the industrial area of the city I actually saw some people working, as opposed to just walking around like in previous games. Hell I even knocked some ladies groceries out of her hands, who she then proceeded to say "thats ok dont mind me".

Side note: Romans facination with titties is almost as big as mine :D

Sider note: Sucks to be the people who only have SD TV's as the game doesnt support 480i or 480p. Then again you can get some pretty decent ones for cheap so there is no excuse

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
001oe0.png

002rj4.png

003rk6.png

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
However, it's the ****tiest case lock I've ever touched. There's also a small bag included.

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.
I got mine. :p although like i mentioned before, i'm banned from XBL because i got a modded 360, fine by me i rarely ever went online to begin with and i'll wait for the PC MP version.

I just got an email account in the game, and getting jobs via email, and can surf the web that the internet cafe allows...limited sites, but i found a dating page and i clicked "date" to all 9 or 12 of them.

P.I.M.P.

On a side note, other than play burned games, what else can you do on a modded 360?