New Unreal:Redemption mod needs team members!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
JackReacher said:
How about porting in some of the U2 charachters to UT2k3 then?

Well this really is a tribute to the original Unreal. The only thing that I think Unreal 2 has that I really like is the flamethrower, but I'm creating a new flamethrower from scratch, not using U2's flamethrower. In the SP campaign there is a specific story arc which requires a flamethrower, and that becomes the 4th miner weapon. Ultimately there will be a new MP class-based CTF gametype with three classes, 4 weapons each. I needed a 4th miner weapon, and a flamethrower fit the bill.

Miner weapons: Stinger, Razorjack, Biorifle, Flamethrower
Mercenary weapons: Automags, Quadshot, Minigun, SniperRifle
Marine weapons: Dispersion pistol, ASMD, Eightball, Flak

Basically with this mod you can use Unreal 1 weapons in any UT2k4 gametype, or you can play a special CTF gametype that is class-based, using any CTF map. :)

MrMaddog

Flak Monkey
Jul 13, 2002
Parts Unknown
About this mod...I was wondering if there would be UT weapons as well or just ones from classic Unreal. It kinda reminds me of Generations Arena for Q3A and would love to see something like that for the Unreal games ;)

Is there a web site up yet for this project? I'm still learning Uscript but would like to see if I can help in any way.

{Signiture closed for repairs...}

Ultron

Robot XMP Beta Tester
Mar 6, 2000
Secret Hideout
clans.utworld.net
Okay I understand now. Yeah we could just use the UT2k3/4 Skaarj models and make our own for anything else we need, but I'm not really focusing on all of that. Much of the significant models were brought into UT2k3 already. Mostly this is a mod for humanoid players though so we'd have the human rebuilt characters using new models and skins but clearly resembling the original Unreal characters like Dante, Kurgan, Ash, Sonya, Ivan, etc.

The main goal is to make it based off the Unreal 1 weapons, which is primarily what UT was based off of. There won't be a Pulse/Link Gun, Redeemer, Ion Cannon, but there will be a Dispersion pistol, Stinger, Quadshot and a new addition, a flamethrower. There is already public flamethrower code out there that we might base it on, considering it's public domain script, but that's something that I'll leave up to the programmer/scripter.

No website yet. I had to work on some other projects this weekend (family matters) as well as watch some more Unrealed VTM's so I've just been focusing on making the mod not the website. :)