Tribes: Ascend

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Man, it's getting old, playing the same small hand full of good maps, then all the bad ones. I can see this game dieing way to early because people will get bored of the same maps, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Man, it's getting old, playing the same small hand full of good maps, then all the bad ones. I can see this game dieing way to early because people will get bored of the same maps, over and over and over and over and over and over again.

What? Just play CTF. This game has been going on for about a year, and if anything I tend to like the maps more as I learn them better. From a combat/flight/capping perspective.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
The plasma is op if you land direct hits yes. I rarely see decent players use it, I'm guessing they won't do it to stay out of shame... or something.

The Plasma Gun and Jackal are both banned in competitive play - although to be honest it's fractal grenades that annoy me more on specific maps. Crossfire as an example is a fractal spammer's wet dream and it only takes two players on the enemy team to make defending the base area impossible.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
They're just awful - since no weapons do any friendly damage any friendly can just saunter through them (if they pushed friendlies around it'd be a different question, but then I can imagine the frustration as a capper being denied the flag by spamming Brutenoobs.)

The normal one keeps fires 23x410 damage shots over 5 seconds, which is silly. The extended one is ludicrous, since it fires 40x390 damage shots over 8.5 seconds. By the time the spammer has suicided in Crossfire, they've already come back to drop some more off..

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else keeps getting half empty games? This is strange.

They should be destructible like all other deployables.

I agree.

Reminds me of the fucking indestructible spider mine nest in UT3. Epic Games thought it would be a good idea to make the source of nearly invisible one-shot killing spiders invincible.

Hirez thinks it's a good idea to have a persistent ground-restricting area created from a indestructible grenade.

Same shit.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Inf with superheavy is trolling the shit out of cappers because there is nothing they can do about it apart from spamming the stand and hoping they reveal the guy. But most of the time they don't even think about that.

Also lately the bug where you can't follow friends until a mapchange has been back again. It is the most annoying thing ever.

Peavey

Rattus Norvegicus
Jul 17, 2001
I am Telefuzz on T:A, add me guys.

Just saw FireSlash in a game, anyone know if it's the same FireSlash on our forums?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Inf with superheavy is trolling the shit out of cappers because there is nothing they can do about it apart from spamming the stand and hoping they reveal the guy. But most of the time they don't even think about that.

It's beautiful. They get "killed by weapon" too, so it takes them forever to work out what's going on. It works best on Temple Ruins or Drydock where you have a big flat area they can't clear you from, and you can see them coming well in advance and have plenty of time to get into a blocking position.

Also lately the bug where you can't follow friends until a mapchange has been back again. It is the most annoying thing ever.

I was wondering what was up with that :(

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Most pathfinders will punt the stand no matter what, I know I do. Habbit from back when mines would sometimes be hidden in the ground.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
Yeah, that's why you can't do it in Raindance since the stand is so small, you'll get hit by anyone whacking the stand. In the other two, the area is pretty big, so you can get into position elsewhere to intercept them.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's beautiful. They get "killed by weapon" too.

I had that a few times from getting fragged by Jugg weapons, and someone said "Killed by weapon:weapon. Weaponception." after I roadkilled him.
Definitively some kind of global bug that doesn't just apply to unnamed "weapons"

Last edited: