2k4 is installed again.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
My average offline at 1600x1200 with 8x AA is 400 fps. I have no idea what it'll be online with the uncapped fps but it sure will be smooth.

Pew pew pew

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
Just reinstalled my dusty ECE version last night. I take it Friday Night Fragfest is dead or are there occasional games posted for weekends?

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I would love to host a server for you guys to play on but as I said in an earlier thread, I don't have the means to do so.

Mr. Scary

Speedemupus-Guitarist-Shreddish
Nov 10, 1999
Arizona
Visit site
Yeah I think last time I hosted a server for the event we'd get maybe 5 or 6 ppl online to frag with. Kalv and a few others would show up. It was fun though. I miss it :(

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Flash! Let's pew pew pew the night away.
heartsforeyes.gif

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Perhaps an early morning romp? I'll be working the night away and home by 5am central time :D

I've been working some of the rust out of my game and trying to set up a server for a local LAN party this weekend. I'm planning on hosting an all vs. me tournament to get rid of some extra Steam keys. I think all I really need to do is keep the AMP on lockdown and pew pew to victory :)

I just don't know which map(s) I should pick. Maybe a couple different sizes like Goliath, Rankin and Training Day (with friendly fire on of course, lol)

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
An all vs you? Sounds like what I used to go through at FragBU FFA. :p

So yeah, just time amp and shield, make sure you grab ltg/shock/link and you have no problems locking down the map. Gotta love how ridiculously long it takes for weapons to respawn in 2kpoop.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
There ended up being 11 participants ranging in skill from "oh yeah, I remember that game" to a couple guys I competed with on TWL a few years back. I wasn't quite prepared for the hectic pace and onslaught of spam, I found that I couldn't concentrate on timing anything...that'd require a lot more prep than the week or two I had since reinstalling.

BUT it was a ton of fun and I came out with a positive KDR on two of the three maps. It's not pretty, but if anyone wants to watch the demos have at it. The Rankin demo that is timestamped at about 20:00 is just a little warmup/server test.

Or, if you don't mind Youtube quality, I've uploaded Round 2 and plan on uploading the rest sometime this week.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1n0YF6L7Qg[/m]

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
Did you camp the amp? :B

Hard to camp when it's disabled :) No, he took an early lead until I made a couple nice LG's and regained control of the 100. After about death #4 he suddenly starts whining about lag and continued to complain after each death until I hit my rampage. That was the last I saw of him.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
There ended up being 11 participants ranging in skill from "oh yeah, I remember that game" to a couple guys I competed with on TWL a few years back. I wasn't quite prepared for the hectic pace and onslaught of spam, I found that I couldn't concentrate on timing anything...that'd require a lot more prep than the week or two I had since reinstalling.

BUT it was a ton of fun and I came out with a positive KDR on two of the three maps. It's not pretty, but if anyone wants to watch the demos have at it. The Rankin demo that is timestamped at about 20:00 is just a little warmup/server test.

Or, if you don't mind Youtube quality, I've uploaded Round 2 and plan on uploading the rest sometime this week.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1n0YF6L7Qg[/m]
Hahha, I wonder how I would have done.

I had to stop it at 3:30, that was brutal flash death over and over. :D

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond

Nicely done.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
So I played a botmatch against 10 bots on Rankin set at Masterful. I died a lot at the beginning but by the end I finished with 50+ frags over the second place bot.

I'm definitely not used to the midget people flipping all over the place and why the hell do they randomly crouch in the middle of shooting at you? What idiot thought that was a good idea to put into the AI?

I'm gonna go try a pub and see how I do.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I know I'm horribly rusty, tho even at my peak I could barely hold my own with some of you guys
Got too used to games that have a reload function. Hopped into a game the other night and kept hitting Mouse5 to reload...