UT3 Bonus Pack 1 RELEASED!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

r1esG0

Unreal Engine Padawan
Feb 4, 2008
Seville, Spain
Hmmm,

Some time ago, Mark Reign said:
Great things are coming to this game.

Then, a bonus pack is released.
Only 3 maps.
The maps have no player counts.
The maps have no previsualization screen on the menus.
The maps have certain bugs.

Maybe this is really an april fools day joke, and im saying that seeing what those days are.

Maybe they release another pack with a lot of content or something.

Either way, this is just my speculation. Thanks for the free maps. The game. And keep te good coming.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
Its no April num nuts.

Course they'll release another bonus pack, i'm guessing they'll release at leat 3 or 4 more.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
these maps are really nice despite the minor oversights :D

(that morbias glitch is really weird lol)

Poker

Anus Retentus
Apr 17, 2006
FacingWorlds looks great. Here's a quick and dirty 360° shot (until Qx9 gets around to doing a proper pro-quality one :D)....

[5600x1000 JPEG, 970 kB]

dura1198

Feb 18, 2008
Some people are just too picky to enjoy things, such as free maps.

Agreed. We're starved for new content and when we get it all we can do is bitch? I hate us.

Sweet maps by the way, great to see some CTF lovin'.

Thanks!!

UnrealGrrl

Enemy flag carrier is Her!
Jun 16, 2000
www.unrealgrrl.com
YAY!

and Epic does it right by NOT saying anything till its done ;)

THX Epicboyz :cool: thank you for CTF Maps - we LOVE You!

and the ppl complaining in ANY way about getting new content for the game SHUT THE **** UP and go away - you obviously could care less no matter what happens with UT3 and probably dont play/didnt buy it anyway :rolleyes: you know who you are and those of us who play and enjoy the game despite the problems are way tired of you... (can you tell i havent slept lately?! ;) )

Last edited:

Anuban

Your reward is that you are still alive
Apr 4, 2005
Twisted-Face-Ultra is still the most creative Face map to date. But this new version is nice looking ... it just doesn't bring anything extra to the party. People who have played Face-Ultra know what I am talking about. :)

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
Can someone PLEASE post pics of the new face? I asked in the official forums and they just reply by saying it looks nice.. ERGH!

p3rplx3d

in the desert
Mar 22, 2008
surprise, az
maybe I am crazy or something, but I think they made other tweaks. game seems a bit faster and player models seem crisper. am I seeing things?

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well heres my take on the pack.

+I love the voice over the intercom every now and then in DM-Morbias.. nice touch.
+CTF-face is freaking gorgeous now
-CTF-Searchlight I could care less about imo.
-seems like a rushed project because of the absence of level portraits and the various bugs people have encountered... though I have yet to recreate the one found in Morbius

Nice job though Epic.. now get back to work

Oh yeah heres a pic of Face for person above me

EDIT: Heh no towers though.. ULTRA TEASE

Attachments

• pretty.JPG
    pretty.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 290

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The bugs people have found so far aren't exactly plainly obvious. I have yet to run into any of them in regular gameplay. FFS, some of you are acting like the bonus pack is entirely unplayable which is just ridiculous. You guys will find anything to complain about, won't you?