Borderlands 2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Just FYI, there is no non-Steam version of Borderlands 2 (on PC, duh...).

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
if you REALLY want more golden keys and you missed out on the codes, just use a trainer.
there are several trainers that duplicate the golden key the moment you unlock the chest. so basically you always have 1 key, but you can use it to infinity.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Finished the game proper yesterday. (the first playthrough anyway)
The game is funny to be sure and I'm having a good time with it (and I full well know that Mozi's around these parts to read this), but one thing that kept bothering me throughout is that context and exposition and relevant information kept getting told ambiently at times where I was hip-deep in shooting dudes, leaving me clueless as to why I was doing what I was doing. Couple that with the inability to re-listen to ECHOs or communication in general and you've got yourself a pretty annoying problem if you enjoy following the narrative thread in games.
Still, playthrough 2, here I come.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
My most major bone of contention with it really has been how it likes spawning enemies right on top of you. All the time. In areas you cleared already only minutes ago.

Last edited:

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
What's with the spawn points being reset after you quit the game?

So annoying when you get far into a mission and have to quit, then you come back later and it spawns you all the way back at the very beginning, leaving you to fight the same endless horde of enemies that you already defeated. Ahhhhhh.

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yeah that's been pissing me off a little.

it doesn't seem to matter how many checkpoints (save stations) you pass.
if you quit your game somewhere in the middle of a zone, you will be placed all the way back at the beginning of the zone when you reload. even though you passed numerous save spots along the way that are much deeper into the map, you don't get placed at the last one you touched.

common sense indicates that you should be allowed to start at the last save point you passed.
nope.
all the way back to the beginning every single time.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
yeah that's been pissing me off a little.

it doesn't seem to matter how many checkpoints (save stations) you pass.
if you quit your game somewhere in the middle of a zone, you will be placed all the way back at the beginning of the zone when you reload. even though you passed numerous save spots along the way that are much deeper into the map, you don't get placed at the last one you touched.

common sense indicates that you should be allowed to start at the last save point you passed.
nope.
all the way back to the beginning every single time.

Thats how console saving works :B

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
What's with the spawn points being reset after you quit the game?

So annoying when you get far into a mission and have to quit, then you come back later and it spawns you all the way back at the very beginning, leaving you to fight the same endless horde of enemies that you already defeated. Ahhhhhh.
As far as I can tell, the last FastTravel station you visited becomes your nearest spawn point.
If an area doesn't have one, whatever save point is closest to the area entrance

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
The lack of replayable echo recordings really pisses me off. BL had it and it was a great feature, I don't know wtf they took that out.

xMurphyx

Jun 2, 2008
liandri.darkbb.com
How does the 360 version hold up, regarding texture detail and framerates, compared to the PC version?

I have a choice and I'm leaning towards the console version because of some people I know on Live and splitscreen with my brother. But if it's significantly worse I would get the PC version instead.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The lack of replayable echo recordings really pisses me off. BL had it and it was a great feature, I don't know wtf they took that out.
They do need a way to re-listen to dialogue. Too much of the dialogue happens off ECHO devices, though.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS

From what I have seen BL2 is 1 step forward and 3 steps back in a lot of things. Campaign is much much better but the UI, the lack of space, and other stupid decisions kinda keep it from surpassing the first game.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
It's so it doesn't have to save the gamestate of an entire level at a time - which would be pretty colossal.

All it has to save is my location. The enemies can be reset, I don't care. I just hate having to start from the beginning because some of the missions (wildlife preserve for example) are super long.