Damn thieves

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Mar 6, 2004
So earlier today at about 12 noonish? some crackhead breaks into my house and steals $20, my backpack, my work shirt, my work vest, my house keys, and my ipod. That is all i have noticed that is gone. I hope they suffer.:mad:

They broke in through the window if you must know. The house was not trashed except a few plastic cups on the ground, they even was nice enough to close the door on their way out.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2004
Today all the locks will be changed, and soon bars will be on the windows. Not the jail type bars, the cop told us about these fairly cheap bars that can blend with the window.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
Damn, sorry to hear that. Ahh, crackheads. Gotta love em, except when they're stealing your ****. I have had similar odd things happen over the years.

When I was in college my car got broken into twice. The driver side window was smashed out both times. Nothing was ever stolen even though there were some things in the car worth stealing the first time it happened. The second time they actually left something -- a dirty sock in the driver's seat. My conclusion was that they wrapped the sock around their hand to smash the window and forgot to take it back.

Years ago, me and some friends were renting a house in a slightly bad neighborhood. One night we were having a small party, about 15 people were over, and we were all playing beer pong in the living room. Three crackheads kicked open our back door (which was attached to the living room) and ripped off everyone in the room at gunpoint. They took our wallets/purses, any jewelery we were wearing (the girls got the worst of it) and our cellphones. They took an Xbox console we had sitting there in the living room, but left the cables, games, and controller. They also ignored the brand-new $3500 42" plasma it was hooked up to :con: After robbing us they just ran off in separate directions. Combined, they ripped us off for about $2,500 if you just factor in the cash and the Xbox. If they could have made any money off the jewelery and cellphones I'd say it was probably closer to $4,000 or more.

The cops were no help with any of this stuff, BTW.

Last edited:

FaT CaM

Not much...
Apr 5, 2002
¯\(˚_o)/¯ I DUNNO?
Walked in on my house being robbed a couple of years ago, the guy in question had gone through my martial arts gear and was wielding a kama at the time. Had alot of stuff big stuff packed up to go like the TV and stereo, but only made off with dvds/cds and clothes.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
Forget uglying up your house by barring your windows, just buy home insurance, then if they break anything to gain entrance, you're covered.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Well at least now you know to go buy a shotgun for when the next round of thieves try and break in. Not sure where you are from Killer, but some states over here will allow you to blow them away if they set one foot in your house.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I had my record albums stolen at college back in the 80's and then slightly less than half of them mysteriously reappeared in the elevator in my dorm about a week later. I'm glad I got some of them back and, yes, they kept some good ones but I got some good ones back as well. Sorry about everyone that had worse experiences than this one.

There was this one time I knew this girl back in High School. I met her online and we started to date. My parents never liked any friends coming over because we had "nicer" stuff than most people at the time, and my dad always thought they might break in and steal something one day.

Well the girl that I was kind of seeing ended up going to our house a week before we moved from Oregon to Texas and she stole 1 thing from me. It was a werid thing to steal but I'm glad she did, because it was my virginity.

Crazy women I tell ya. Crazy.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Walked in on my house being robbed a couple of years ago, the guy in question had gone through my martial arts gear and was wielding a kama at the time. Had alot of stuff big stuff packed up to go like the TV and stereo, but only made off with dvds/cds and clothes.
wow, that story was a complete let down.

you need to tell us what happened during your encounter.

did he just leave? only taking what was in his hands?
did the two of you engage in martial combat?
did you kick his ass, get most of your stuff back, and send him home crying?
what's the dilly yo?

Last edited:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Well at least now you know to go buy a shotgun for when the next round of thieves try and break in. Not sure where you are from Killer, but some states over here will allow you to blow them away if they set one foot in your house.
Unfortunately not every state/country has "Make My Day" laws
Kinda screwed up when the state says you can't touch the guy that just broke into your home with god knows what weapon.
As far as I'm concerned, your rights end the moment you break in. Too bad the state doesn't agree :|

Somewhat relevant:

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
.wysiwyg { PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; MARGIN: 5px 10px 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT: 10pt verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: #f5f5ff; COLOR: #000000; PADDING-TOP: 0px } .wysiwyg A:link { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_alink { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:visited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg_avisited { COLOR: #22229c } .wysiwyg A:hover { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg A:active { COLOR: #ff4400 } .wysiwyg_ahover { COLOR: #ff4400 } P { MARGIN: 0px } .inlineimg { VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle }

Killing someone because they stole from you is a bit barbaric. I don't recommend it.

There's nothing visible in my place of habitation worth stealing so I am relatively safe. Only my computers and stuffs but they are un-stealable.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Mad... looks like some of the text editor code leaked into your post...

Anyway, if it were me, I'd probably cut the powder by half(mayb 1/3 of normal) and fill the shell with rock salt

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004

Here's a scenario. And not a funny one.

-Buy shotgun w/ license
-Leave shotgun in house (closet briefcase?)
-Leave house
-Burglar infiltration
-Burglar finds out about said briefcase
-???