Mad against Freelance lazy mappers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mantik

Master Beta
Apr 2, 2004
Philthy
You can snipe someone with the shotgun Alan, it doesn't kill them but you can damage them with virtually every single shot. From Thorn Patch deploy on Lowlands to the beginning area of were the landlocked generator's outside little U shaped design starts, it takes like 5 hp off of a ranger per shot. Now chase a ranger the entire length of an open map such as sirocco and tell me you can't wear them down by the time they get back to their node. The fact that it doesn't spread to a ridiculous amount by the time it gets that far, neverminding the fact that it shouldn't get that far to begin with, it's accuracy should be between a .0001 and a .0002 percent chance of actually clipping them :rolleyes:

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
[BBF]Mantik said:
You can snipe someone with the shotgun Alan, it doesn't kill them but you can damage them with virtually every single shot. From Thorn Patch deploy on Lowlands to the beginning area of were the landlocked generator's outside little U shaped design starts, it takes like 5 hp off of a ranger per shot. Now chase a ranger the entire length of an open map such as sirocco and tell me you can't wear them down by the time they get back to their node. The fact that it doesn't spread to a ridiculous amount by the time it gets that far, neverminding the fact that it shouldn't get that far to begin with, it's accuracy should be between a .0001 and a .0002 percent chance of actually clipping them :rolleyes:

yup of course.
but at the same distance, how much damage a sniper rifle can do? or a pistol?

And about chasing ranger in sirocco..I think I can't chase most of them as they just run away so fast like squirrels. :lol:

Pro^Kp

[DCSB]Callisto/Talon|Se7eN
Jan 24, 2004
Richteralan said:
yup of course.
but at the same distance, how much damage a sniper rifle can do? or a pistol?

And about chasing ranger in sirocco..I think I can't chase most of them as they just run away so fast like squirrels. :lol:

i agree the pistols range is also a bit exessive but not the sniper rifle.

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
Pro^Kp said:
i agree the pistols range is also a bit exessive but not the sniper rifle.

yup i agree the sniper rifle part.

what i mean is, with people bitching about shotgun take out huge health in a long range, when compared with pistol/sniper rifle, they are just too little.

most sniper shotty occurs when you going upward a slope. and that obviously make shotgun covers more area than flat ground.

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
UM open air bases are awesome for gunner defense simple thing called lazer trip mines, mined vehicles and conc nades : ). If they blow your mines before you can trip themyour selves (with rocket), and if they decide not to take vehicles, chase em down : )? Seriously a ranger who was careful/sneaky enough to not attempt to take a vehicle probably isn't trying to kill anyone, just conc up to them.. I've never seen a ranger on foot get past me as a concing gunn0r.

=vD=Auron

XMP Beta Tester
Jan 22, 2004
I can get past a concing gunner, sure I've died to one (only fleury though) but I also outran fleury's rockets and stuff... and I am sure he is 10000000000000000000x better than you as a gunner. A simple slope jump to a higher level or well placed wall jump pretty much destroys a gunner's chances from getting the ranger. Laser trip mines are easy to get past, and mined vehicles are bad for teammates because there is always one who will get in.

As for the maps, I like sniping gunners and stuff, but it is REALLY tough to break through a GOOD closed based defence such as Garden. Two good gunners and a good tech can hold those artis for an extremely long time from multiple attacks. I do agree, though, that a little more thought should be put into maps to make it fun and even for all classes.

damn

Jan 27, 2004
"Wrong, u DO have to aim shotguns, and their range is VERY limited indeed. Each 00 Buckshot pellet has about the same "power" as does a lrn .38 special, so you need MANY such pellets to hit the 10" circle of the chest, or you can't reasonably expect the man to stop at the shot. with a typical 20", no choke "riot" barrel, the pattern is 1" wide for every 1 yd of forward travel of the buck pellets. In other words, at 3 yards from the muzzle, the pattern will be 3" wide. It's quite rare to fire beyond 5 yds indoors. So, no, youcan't fire north and hit east with a shotgun.

Also, at a lousy 20 yds, such a 12 ga's pattern is too wide to get ENOUGH of the pellets on the 10" chest circle. All you have to do to prove this is fire a few shots, 1 each, at some silohette targets.

Area= radius squared, x "pi", you know. Pi is 3.14. Radius is half of the diameter of the circle. A 10" circle has 78 square inches of area. A 20" circl has 314 square inches. 4x as much, not twice as much. divide your 9 00 buck pellets into 314, and you get 34 square inches per pellet. That means you get 2, maybe 3 pellets into the 10" circle of aman's chest. At 20 yds, the poor aerodynamics of a soft lead, round ball will have slowed down the pellets,until they hit with the "power' of .32 ACP rds. Wow, 2-3 .32's, really likely to stopo a determined attacker, right? Wrong."

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
... better gunner than me *laughs* ...

the thing about mined vehicles - teammates don't usually use if you tell them not to on teamspeak, so some coordination is possible atleast in scrim/matches

|g|Hercules

xmp-God & Shotgun Whore
Apr 29, 2004
To all rangers and gunners that think a techie is SO powerful.....

why in the hell don't you just be a techie??? :rolleyes:

/me awaits the whines and rants :lol:

Richteralan

ºØmníºRadium
Feb 6, 2004
Oberlin
|g|Hercules said:
To all rangers and gunners that think a techie is SO powerful.....

why in the hell don't you just be a techie??? :rolleyes:

/me awaits the whines and rants :lol:

yup....when you been sniped from nowhere
OR
gunner raining rockets from above

i guess people'll bitch about these, too..... :lol: :lol:

////\nthraxx

Manslaughtering Shotgun Toter
Apr 24, 2004
rangers can also get killed with 1 headshot by 2ndary assault rifle at about the same range as you could get a 1 shot kill with shotty

nbk-Lei

XMP Beta Tester
Jul 14, 2004
OK, if you're a ranger and you get into it w/ a tech that's using shotty...back off and snipe/pistol. (if you can't out-run/out-maneuver the tech, you probably deserve to die)
If you're a tech and you're bitching about shotgun..that means you aren't as good as some of the other techs w/ it and need practice.

Bottom line, the classes are balanced..
You don't see the techs complaining about getting sniped from across the map when they can do NOTHING about it. (besides Rad's post above ;) <3)

RLD

Δηάŗ©Ħî§Ŧ on the left.
May 15, 2004
petCROW said:
I'm pretty sure that comment was towards PoD, not Xaero...But since Xaero got so defensive, it's quite obvious that he sucks as well.
After scouring these forums for any relevant clue that Xaero "sucks" I seem to come up with "nothing". Must be some sort of special ESP or something granted to only you. And the "But since Xaero got so defensive" approach is quite inventive as well. Some forms of logic are as illogical as their creator and therefore absurd as purple turds. :D

E-tuff kids are fun to watch :lol:

PRG

XMP Beta Tester
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
nbk-Lei said:
Bottom line, the classes are balanced..
You don't see the techs complaining about getting sniped from across the map when they can do NOTHING about it. (besides Rad's post above ;) <3)

Actually, there are some balance problems from as tested by the beta testers most of which were broken with the 7710 patch. The sheer number of changes made in the 7710 patch was huge. In fact there were 5-10 patches between 6496-7 and 7710 that never made it to the general public, and the changelog probably only reflects 1/2 of the changes. The simple changes were forogotten and didn't make it in the changelog.

Among these:
either the damage or the MoA(I forget which) of the Assault rifle primary was changed for I forget why. This turned it more or less into a child's toy which was bad considering the next one.

The aiming point of the pistol was fixed, we'd been testing it for 6 months with bad sights. Noone thought of changing the MoA(minutes of angle, basically how inaccurate the weapon becomes over range in this instance) Now, the rangers short range weapon is more effect at long range than the
tech's long range one.

The aiming point of the shotgun was fixed(don't remember whether it was the whole shotgun or just the secondary.) The secondary fire was supposed to devastating but NOT a one shot kill, and it wasn't becuase for 6 months it had bad sights. Damage never got tweaked down. It should be like 90 for a headshot, basically close to sniper rifle headhsotdamage

Juggernaut's aiming point was fixed.. (I still haven't gotten used to the fix 9 months later. :mad:)

Also as the game has evolved from last summer, tactics have evolved in a certain direction. Now being a gunner vs. a skilled ranger or tech has developed huge holes where you can't really hurt an attacker as gunner.

Basically at this point. Ranger has one thing that's somewhat overpowered. Tech has one thing severely underpowered and one thing severely overpowered. And the poor gunner, other classes have learned to run far enough away, they can then kill with impunity.

Going to the back to the techs complaining thing, The tech is supposed to be able supress sniper fire with the assault rifle(it should force the ranger to move. Soo yah, you can actually complain about that, tech's long range weapon is actually less effective at long range than the rangers short range weapon.

Bottom Line, current balance is barely OK at best. There's something screwy with every class, that's more or less broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.