Mass Effect 3 $29.99 - A Few Hours Left!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If $60 was too much to buy into the third installment of Mass Effect, then have a look at Amazon's sale price of $29.99. But look fast because it's only valid in the US and only until midnight tonight PST.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ME1 is awesome. ME2 and 3 are not quite up to par for that game in most areas, IMO, but they are still fun games.

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
I see EA's greasy fingerprints all over it...

ME1 was a superb game, but with a few annoying features, such as the inventory. Awesome plot, awesome "world" to be in.

ME2 had some great missions, better graphics, better character interaction, but was so stripped down and oversimplified on the gameplay front that it made it (for me anyway), far less enjoyable than it should have been. The rock/paper/scissors concept was taken to far, which meant that some squad-mates in the game were unusable for some missions, unlike ME1, where you could tailor your team to your playing style and still come out intact at the end. For example, in ME2, Tali is effectively useless for any mission without Geth in, and Jacob has a skill set that's effectively useless full stop.

ME3 effectively balanced the complexity of ME1 and the streamlining of ME2 and created a game in which the gameplay works better than ME1 or 2. It also has a few missions that are some of the best I've ever played in any game (Tuchanka for example).

The sad thing with ME3 is that it was quite clearly released a year too early. Some sections of the game feel rushed, there are quite a few noticeable bugs (something I never experienced in ME1 or 2), and some of the missions (Thessia for example) just feel far too short and incomplete.

Then there's the ending.

I won't bother to say anything about the ending, because I can't say anything that hasn't already been said, and probably more eloquently than I could have said it.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Aside the ending I'd say ME3 is good. Enjoyed it more than ME2 which I never finished D: