Map needs testing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
ok I promised :D

well rmcollins the terrain is an excellent job. i have not been able to make as good a terrain map using terraedit :eek: . good job there :tup:

the life of a level is in the details. details details and more details :).

he level was pretty bare bones in that aspect it seemed kinda empty to me :).

u could try to spice it up with all semi-solid deco hidden behind the various cliff walls. the way in which you have made the terrain offers ample spce to put this into effect. except for the skybox i didnt find a single semi-soldi in the level proper :).

the bot pathing was nice no problems there :). good effort.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Thanks for the remarks. For that open of a map, i wanted to keep the polys pretty low, in order to avoid any sluggishness. That's why I tried to spice it up some with the waterfall and such. What type of stuff were you referring to as far as putting more stuff in the map. thanks man.

Machismo

Up The Irons
Jul 21, 2001
MaidenHead
cloud.prohosting.com
just general decoation - u know more crates ans stuff :D. u wont take a node hit too since the crate will hide a part of the huge amount of nodes in view while , adding very little to the node count by itself. nice way to block of terrain.

BTW u made use of my fave waterfall effect - modulated :p

:D

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
I agree with Machismo.

It could use more detail.

BTW If you used better lighting the adding of extra brushes would be unnecessary. The level architecture you already have would support lighting pretty well.

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
is it mainly the outside area that needs relighting? you think it looks washed out as well? i didn't use cylinder lights, so that may be the reason; haven't done many outdoor maps, at least none of this size. i still don't really see what else I should put in there without it looking like i was TRYING just to add stuff here and there. there are already enough trees and crates i think. i could make the drums exploding which might be kinda cool i guess. i dunno, any more ideas would be appreciated. thanks again everyone.