Map needs testing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
I did say i'd get back to ya:)
Warning opinions follow:
First off I really love the music.
I like the job you did on the terrain. I coulnd't find any BSP holes except one that popped up in flyby mode..unreachable during gameplay unless you use cheats.
I did not like the feel of the lighting..it felt washed out:/
The elevator to the bridge..it was hard to tell if the lift was there or not. Several times I ran into it only to get bumped on the head and have it go back up again.
Bots were good. They went everywhere and picked up everything. Nice job on pathing.
My biggest qualm with the level is balance on bridge and the SB, Deemer area. I found that it was really easy to camp both these places.
I tried this out by assigning two of my bots to hold position at both these locations. The one camping the powerup ledge managed to stay there the whole game..ensuring my team controlled the belt and deemer.
The other one hogging the bridge managed to stay there for quiet some time before he got knocked out. So I started camping it and held the point for the rest of the game. Whenever I was short on weapons I would run to the rocket launcher located by the teleporter and voila no ammo problems ever.
Sometimes control points like this can be fun..gear bolt-lift comes to mind which is pretty insane and hard to get back...but atleast there is more fighting room there. Here it's easy to knock people off the bridge using the RL. And anyone using the lift is instantly dead thanks to sound cues.
Oh yeah like the nice little touches with the bunnies/cows whatever hopping about.
I'd like to try the final version when you're ready for release so clue me in:)

rmcollins3

AKA "Doublez-Down"
Thanks a lot for all the remarks. I didn't really notice a washed out effect of the lighting; there is no zone lighting at all actually. I did use a lot of lights, maybe too many, and maybe that gave it the appearance of zone lighting. Did you notice the shadows on the ground though under the bridge and redeemer area? Hard to be washed out with those I think :p

Things I have updates since that release: Placed another sniper rifle a little away from the RL and a defense point close to the teleporter on the ground. This makes it a little harder to control the bridge and the redeemer. I also added a bar across the lift exit, because the bots kept swan diving down the shaft for some reason. Now you can only access the lift exit from the other side.

I also added more defense points on the bridge to aid the bots in sniping from there, and I increased their site radius to further enhance this. I've played it a lot and it's always a close match (I usually play on adept with enhanced team A.I. on).

Thanks again for the remarks.