Jgkdo please oh please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Of course, bocage ! if the server can handle it...

edit : also, you still haven't uploaded cymru beta4, which i fixed on your request ;) .

Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Btw, do you guys own the server or rent it ?

If you decide to get a new one, make a public fundraising. With the gigantic community we have, i'm sure you'll raise a total of, errr, maybe 100 euros :D .

Cleeus[JgKdo]

because respawns suck
Jun 8, 2002
Germany
www.cleeus.de
I fixed SSK.IM to work with randomized mapchanges and enabled it on our server. As far as i can tell, it really is much better :)
I also changed the maprotation a bit.
Ah, and I'm uploading Cymru-b4 now :)

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Good job on the randomized map rotation ! It's much better. The only problem i've encountered so far is that we played tigerhunt twice in 4 maps, not that it really bothers me ;) , but that's a bit to much random imho. Maybe you could make it not so random ?

Last edited:

frenchfrog

The mighty batrachian
Jan 18, 2004
Quebec, Canada
www.ghostdogs.net
Here we go for a couple of suggestions after playing quite a bit on JgKdo DTAS this weekend:

1) If the number of players is stable, you end up playing always the ~5 same maps. Is there a way to give maps a _wider_ range of acceptable players like 4-12 for arabnight (or whatever you see fit) so we play more maps even if they are not _perfect_ considering the number of players but still good.

2) Is it possible to reduce the number of round played of very large maps like tigerhunt to 7 instead of 9. Why? Because it take twice the time playing tigerhunt then smaller maps (like any EAS maps).

Else this server is really good, I just wish it would have more maps.

Last edited:

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
How about a weighted random. If a map has just been played it is given a less likely chance of being played and as you go through the rotation the chance increases.

Example 5 maps start out with a 20% chance of being played.
After map 1 is played it now only has a 5% chance while the others each have about 23.75% each.

After map 2, map 2 only has a 5%, map 1 10%, and the others about 28% each.

Of course pick a base and increase that works and as you can see watch for rounding of decimals.

Actually after rereading this thread I don't think that is possible.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
I know it has been brought to your attention before:

You have a great mapcycle, good settings and everything.... but why do you torture your poor server with a max-player setting of 16?

I have yet to see a map where my (otherwise decent) ping doesn't double or even tripple and every burst translates into semi... once 16 players are on.

14 or 12 should be more reasonable IMHO.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
geogob said:
And just in case you where not aware of it, all mutators where running twice yesterday. The server was probably restarted with all mutators plus multimut.

Not only yesterday, i think that's always the case on jgkdo (i've noticed it several times). But does it have an influence on cpu at all ? Or is it just a bug that makes the muties displayed twice in the browser ?