Official Minecraft Thread

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah I stumbled on this video here like 2 days ago.

[m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnjSWPxJxNs[/m]

I like games that use generated lands for unknown exploration purposes. The only 3D game that tried this as far as I can remember is Spore, and that was one lame game. I'm interested. Maybe I'll get to buy it.

I also read the author (Notch) had his paypal account temporary suspended with 700k-ish in it. That's insane, I wonder how much profit the author of Audiosurf had made.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Statistics
61 players online, in 360 servers.
705055 registered users, of which 180911 (25.65%) have bought the game.

In the last 24 hours, 8927 people registered, and 4351 people bought the game.

Games started in the last 24 hours:
Minecraft Alpha: 22464
Minecraft Classic: 2725

Phased out versions:
Survival mode test: 553
Indev: 0
Infdev: 0

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Free game's back down :(

But seriously it was pretty fun for the while I tried. I only built myself a house too, and had just started with the monsters on easy (heart attack inducing in those dark caves.)

But I can't use Paypal and how do I get the full game? Unless the Paypal button is just there for pretties and you have other options. I don't want to register yet, he's just got his website back up after all and it's still slow as hell :p

Mar 6, 2004
The game is TOOOOOOOO addicting for me. I can spend all day in it and i wont even realize it has been all day.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I have a question about in game weather, at the part where i started it was snowing, and has been snowing in that area forever, which I was getting tired of. I left in one direction going for a long time, but no matter how far I go (like 15 minutes of straight running) it's always snowing. I was hoping for some different weather somewhere else, does it ever change? Also, what's up with the land and water amount? It seems like there's always more open water than land, my whole map is like %70 water with just large to small islands of land everywhere. :hmm:

Free game's back down :(

But seriously it was pretty fun for the while I tried. I only built myself a house too, and had just started with the monsters on easy (heart attack inducing in those dark caves.)

But I can't use Paypal and how do I get the full game? Unless the Paypal button is just there for pretties and you have other options. I don't want to register yet, he's just got his website back up after all and it's still slow as hell :p

Sounds like you were playing single player, just do that, still works for me.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I've had a snow map twice. It never stops. It's cool at first but it gets boring fast.
I read there should be some ecosystems implemented in the game for different weather and such. I hope there is.

Yeah Single Player still works, I guess I'll keep doing that.

MrSmiles

selimsrm
Jan 8, 2005
Swizzle Firma
I've had a snow map twice. It never stops. It's cool at first but it gets boring fast.
I read there should be some ecosystems implemented in the game for different weather and such. I hope there is.

Yeah Single Player still works, I guess I'll keep doing that.

There's a list of things on the website being worked on, weather is one of them.

DarkED

The Great Oppression
Mar 19, 2006
Right behind you.
www.nodanites.com
I have a question about in game weather, at the part where i started it was snowing, and has been snowing in that area forever, which I was getting tired of. I left in one direction going for a long time, but no matter how far I go (like 15 minutes of straight running) it's always snowing. I was hoping for some different weather somewhere else, does it ever change? Also, what's up with the land and water amount? It seems like there's always more open water than land, my whole map is like %70 water with just large to small islands of land everywhere. :hmm:

Just quit that world, delete it, and re-gen. Every now and then you will get a snow world. As Darkdrium said, Biomes are coming so we'll soon have all types of climates in one world.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Even though I don't have premium, in offline mode there's a multiplayer button and it lets me put in an IP for a server. Anyone know if that works or is it just there if you logged in first?

Anyone have any servers that I can try to log in to?