• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

White Knight

Jan 7, 2004
Hello All,

I justed started playing UT yesterday and I'm wondering what most people use for their settings (ie do you use the mouse, button configs, check boxes) Also how do I flip? I see other characters flipping, but have no clue. Thanks for the help!

WK

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Flipping -> that's dodging.

How to perform a dodge?
Easy:

First, when you're in the game, on the dekstop (with the menubar on top of the screen)
go to options -> preferences -> Game.
Make sure "dodging" is checked.

Now all you need to do in a match (be it dm/teamdm/as/ctf etc) is use the movement keys and double tap them fast. forward-forward -> forward dodge.

Most people use a mouse I guess.

And welcome to the ut world :D

Last edited:

newbie2uted

UT gamer
May 9, 2004
dodge isnt flipping. to flip you just double jump (jump-jump->double jump). It works with female characters and Harlequin etc.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
I was under the impression he was talking about UT, you know.. UT?
I mean, when you dodge forwards it can be considered flipping?

Nah, I'm starting to flip out cause there are too many people who can't tell the obvious difference between ut and ut2k3/4 anymore :con:..
sigh.

If someone says UT, then they're talking about UT. That's how I understand it.
If they meant saying UT2K4, then they should type UT2K4.
Easy ain't it :B

Zlal

New but not improved.
Nov 4, 2001
Exeter
how can dodging be concidered flipping? :p

And you might understand it wrong. People say UT as in meaning UT200whatever.
I Always moan at people saying UT99 or UT1 - that kinda thing annoys me.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Yeah well it's beyond me (sometimes) why people say ut when they mean ut2k3/4..
It's just common sense you'd use the correct abbreviation bleh 0_0...

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... the funny thing is people saying UT2k3 or UT2k4 just to save 1 (one!) caracter. Is it that hard to say or type UT2003 or UT2004? I mean...

... and yes UT is the first. If you go talking about Quake games or Half-Life, it's the same thing. 1 is not the same as 2. Fail to acknoledge (<something wrong there) that... and you problaly are an Instagibber... a drunk one ;p ...

Back to topic though, as NeoNite mentioned, the flipping is merely a 'cosmetic' thing each time someone "dodge forward". You see it 3rd person, not 1rst. This is UT behaviour...