kickstarter game: Human Resources

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
As much as I like the concept, Planetary Annihilation is still only just playable and not even half-finished, despite now having a boxed retail copy, so I'm not going for this one.

[GU]elmur_fud

I have balls of Depleted Uranium
Mar 15, 2005
Waco, Texas
mtbp.deviantart.com
Visually I like their style and to me they seem to have a lot of creative and at least semi novel ideas. But I can not say that I have ever been overly impressed with the execution (bug, polish, or feel wise) of anything they have ever done. So much so that anymore I tend to view anything they do as a thought experiment and that was in fact my reason for posting this.

Not to be cruel to Uber but I wouldn't have ever backed this so it never occurred to me that somebody might think that that was what this thread was about.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Planetary Annihilation is a cool concept but so buggy and unpolished... I think they canned this game now but I wasn't terribly interested in it anyway. I'd like to see a SupCom 3 done by Wargaming and integrated even better than SupCom 2 into Steam. Let's get some dedicated server RTS gaming mangs!

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Funding Canceled Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator on October 20.

Fine. 1.4 million needed. Grow up.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
1.4 million isn't unreasonable and is pretty on the low side. People's kickstarter expectations are pretty weird - so low that the kickstarter is merely the tip of the iceberg in most cases when it comes to funding.

To put it in perspective, a small indie shooter with a handful of character models, small array of weapons and about 5 maps tends to cost about half a million bucks...

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
1.4 million isn't unreasonable and is pretty on the low side. People's kickstarter expectations are pretty weird - so low that the kickstarter is merely the tip of the iceberg in most cases when it comes to funding.

To put it in perspective, a small indie shooter with a handful of character models, small array of weapons and about 5 maps tends to cost about half a million bucks...

My budget pales in comparison, then, haha.