WikiLeaks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Not too long ago.
Long enough ago that most of the people on the forum were either not born at that time or were small children.

Not to mention that the incident you are talking about was not approved by the chain of command and the soldiers involved in it were court martialed. Oh, and another unit was in there actually trying to SAVE the civilians. But I'm sure that's exactly the same as this scenario, so nevermind.

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
Long enough ago that most of the people on the forum were either not born at that time or were small children.

Not to mention that the incident you are talking about was not approved by the chain of command and the soldiers involved in it were court martialed. Oh, and another unit was in there actually trying to SAVE the civilians. But I'm sure that's exactly the same as this scenario, so nevermind.

Yep. Guess your right.
No big deal.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
ftfa
UK Defence Secretary Liam Fox echoed Sir Malcolm's remarks, saying: "I think you have to ask about the motives for those who are behind some of the WikiLeaks material. Do they see themselves as some sort of force of anarchy?

"These are some comments, these are selective leaks designed to drive a wedge between us and the Americans and I don't think we should tolerate that."
This.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The cables start from 1966.
So me posting some thing the USA did in 1968 is dumb.
Well you jumped in and started talking about that while we were all talking about the video from earlier this year. If you were trying to go back on topic, it might have worked better if you had specified that :p Still not sure how that is relevant, though (My Lai was publicized before this leak).

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
He is the media.

It has nothing to do with whether I personally find Wikileaks or yourself to be "right" or "wrong"; it is about the law. If the media resorts to operating outside the law to push this information, it is either for the reason that the media is ineffective or, those who do this have an agenda that has nothing to do with freedom of information. Seems to me Assange fits in the latter rather than the former.

It seems I can simplify this to "I support 'the law', whatever the people with guns decide that is this week, therefore anyone who breaks it is wrong." I on the other hand don't give a quarter of a **** what the law is, I care about whether people can live and speak freely. If 'the law' states that people cannot spread information of their choosing, it's time for a new law.

Last edited:

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
This guy is doing what the media should be doing.
So, what you are saying is that no government should have the right to keep information secret, even when the public release of that information could damage international relations or worse, costs lives?

The information Assange has released so far has not been proven to be that which sheds light on nefarious activities. What he has released so far is more akin to dirty laundry and there is no purpose for releasing this other than to show that he can. Or, how about the impact that may come from the other information he claims to have and will release, that which would put our military strategies and secrets out there for our enemies to use against us in the battlefield and in our own homeland? Is this what you want from the press?

He is the media.
No. he only thinks he is.

It seems I can simplify this to "I support 'the law', whatever the people with guns decide that is this week, therefore anyone who breaks it is wrong." I on the other hand don't give a quarter of a **** what the law is, I care about whether people can live and speak freely.
The law is established as a foundation, not some idiot's weekly whim. It has naught to do with, "who has the biggest guns."

Let me know how anarchy works out for you.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
too bad they weren't able to publicize our icbm launch codes. the world would be a much better place without that information being censored.

GRAF1K

****** Kamikaze
Oct 16, 2003
No. he only thinks he is.

No, you only think he isn't. See how easy that was?

The law is established as a foundation, not some idiot's weekly whim. It has naught to do with, "who has the biggest guns."

Every major government (including your beloved USA) came about through having bigger guns than the next guy.

I declare myself Grand Chief of GRAF1KLand, and as The Government(TM) I declare that you must stop posting or face incarceration.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
No, you only think he isn't. See how easy that was?
Posting stolen memos is NOT journalism. Journalism is writing an article on how the information has real world effects. Does Wikileaks provide actual commentary speaking to how these documents show criminal activity committed by the USG and the effects of this alleged activity? No, it does not, therefore, it is not the press.

Every major government (including your beloved USA) came about through having bigger guns than the next guy.
While true, that is an oversimplified point of view. I do not know about the country you hail form, but in the US, we elect of leaders and legislators, thus, the people rule themsleves through representation.

I declare myself Grand Chief of GRAF1KLand, and as The Government(TM) I declare that you must stop posting or face incarceration.
LOL.