Old Megadrive Game...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Me and my bro are looking for a old megadrive game but we cant remeber the name, it was a game where youd be a person at the bottem on the screen with a crosshair on the screen and you'd shoot objects and people. It had a rambo thing going on and there was 2 people - I think they were ment to be brothers. I think it was called "twin hawk". Anyone remeber the title so I can hunt down a ROM.
-How.

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
"Operation: Fox" comes to mind, but I don't know if it ever hit the Megadrive.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Damm .... ah well I did have twin hawk cause now I remember that one... It's definatly not the rambo one. The only other thing that I can remember is one had blond hair and the other dark.
-How.

Midwinter

sneaky bastard
Oct 15, 2000
Valencia, Spain
Visit site
Hmmmm... it could be either "Cabal" or "Blood Bros"... most probably Cabal

Screenies from the arcade versions, dunno if they were made for megadrive though

Attachments

• bloodbro.png
    bloodbro.png
    24 KB · Views: 41
  • cabal.png
    cabal.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 41

spm1138

Irony Is
Aug 10, 2001
Visit site
Cabal was the first game of this type, but I recall it being out on speccie.

I think it's a little before my beloved black box's time.

Freon

Braaaaiinss...
Jan 27, 2002
France
www.3dfrags.com
there was a game like this called "Commando" on amstrad or atari. i played it with my brother too. the setting looked like vietnam or jungle. trees and water. it was a top-down perspective with vertical scrolling. there were vehicles too (tanks). it was pretty good.
maybe it's what you're looking for.

http://www.klov.com/C/Commando.html

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
I think it was called "dynimite duke" You had a guy at the bottom of the screen (i think he wore red and silver armor) and you could move him side to side on the screen, and also control a cross hair on the screen. The game played by having the action scroll left to right, and you'd basically blow up lots of stuff.
wDynamite_Duke.png

Last edited:

kuran

Sep 30, 2002
Its Dynamite Duke, whats my prize? :)

Edit:
Oops...should've read the entire thread. I honestly can't think of any other game that used this system, on Megadrive.

Edit2:
The image Defkon showed is of the Arcade version, the Megadrive version didn't look as good.. I'm pretty sure this is the game you remember... can you give any more details?

Last edited:

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Uh this game was very much a rambo rip off ... 2 brothers both had long hair with those hair bands ... one black one blonde IIRC they had their shirts off in a rambo syle uh thats about it/.
-How.