PuF UT CTF random Tourney v2.0 sign ups!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
Originally posted by DeeperShade
Good luck to LTh in your future matchs. Sorry I wasnt the best captain ever, I guess my heart just wasnt in it.... :(
it's all good not your fault that things fell apart....did you quit because of that? If so take my spot, you're probably a better ctf player than I and would be of more help to the team.

[J]-Outsiders71

Vegeta-Like
Jun 1, 2001
Cleveland
jediclan.ipfox.com
DeeperShade

I can't believe your removing yourself from Web's tourney you wouldn't believe how many peeps would luv to play in that. (including myself). To throw away an oppurtunately to play with PuF'ers is st00bid :)

[J]-Outsiders71

Vegeta-Like
Jun 1, 2001
Cleveland
jediclan.ipfox.com
Morety

Thanks for the promotion but I didn't sign up for the tourney. I was all hyped about it yes, but by the time I knew about it the rosters were full, reserve list was huge and the registration link was broken :)

I also don't think that would be fair for me to cut in front of the people who are on the reserves list.

GL to all

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
How about adding one person from the reserve list to each team as a backup. In order to not have problems with trying to get the strongest team, this person would not play unless one other did not show up.

The problem is that it is very difficult to get the only 5 people on the team to show up for several dates, especially when there are people from two continents, several timezones, and with all different sorts of commitments.

Second|PuF

Funeral-Dancer
Apr 26, 2000
Astrovill, AL, USA
Visit site
Originally posted by Second|PuF
Hmm....Actually I should have never signed up. I just found out I'll be working overtime for the next month straight, so I don't think I will have the time to dedicate myself to the team. So I'll be the first guy to drop ( and we haven't even played yet :rolleyes: ). Maybe Tinman can take my place. Anyway give WickedLilD a good beat down for me, har har har.

Btw incase you missed it I signed up as f00k for team Li T'ieh-kuai.

Just making sure you guys see what I posted back on page 4. I don't want to piss people off come match time and I'm not there. Maybe next time i'll get to play w/ you all.

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Originally posted by Second|PuF

Just making sure you guys see what I posted back on page 4. I don't want to piss people off come match time and I'm not there. Maybe next time i'll get to play w/ you all.
You need to go to your profile page and drop from the tourney so one of the reserves can have the spot.

DeeperShade

Banned
Dec 8, 2000
www.tar-valon.com
Re: DeeperShade

Originally posted by [J]-Outsiders71
I can't believe your removing yourself from Web's tourney you wouldn't believe how many peeps would luv to play in that. (including myself). To throw away an oppurtunately to play with PuF'ers is st00bid :)

or not as the case may be.
My heart wasnt in this from the beginning. I left because of that and only because of that. Ill be following LTh closely, and good luck to them and all teams.

Remember that I was in the winning team of the first tourney, so ive been there and done that and will have the t-shirt as soon as web gets them printed :D
It would be much better to just let someone who hasnt played before have a go....

Anyway.. im gonna go and try to get UT to run without locking up every 5 minutes..

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Whew I'm alread thinking up sooo many features for tourney v3.0 once of them I just thought of this morning, and DS just strengthened my desire to do it (please, no WebSlinger/DS, "desire strengthening" jokes). If anyone in the tourney was ever on a 1st or 2nd place team, their profile will always show that for the subsequent tourneys. Good idea?

Rev.Whoopass

Sperm Bot
Aug 5, 2000
Connecticut
Visit site
Originally posted by WebSlinger
If anyone in the tourney was ever on a 1st or 2nd place team, their profile will always show that for the subsequent tourneys. Good idea?

Sexay !

I could not play last night, my ping to the web was 400,and 40-60% PL.I know this tourney is for fun,but it's not fun playing like that.I tried to do a tracert,even that timed out.

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
How about my idea Web? Honestly you can see from the last few posts that it becomes almost impossible to get all 10 guys showing up for a match. We saw this in the last tourney as well. I'd much rather see a reserve added beforehand, rather than having teams pulling in someone they know to be very good from their own clan or so on when it comes down to it!

WebSlinger

bNotNegative != False
Feb 29, 2000
Oklahoma City, OK
Originally posted by Mrukk
How about my idea Web? Honestly you can see from the last few posts that it becomes almost impossible to get all 10 guys showing up for a match. We saw this in the last tourney as well. I'd much rather see a reserve added beforehand, rather than having teams pulling in someone they know to be very good from their own clan or so on when it comes down to it!
sure I don't see a problem with them showing up and filling in where necessary, as long as absenses and fill ins are "engineered"

Mrukk

Inhuman
May 10, 2000
Baltimore, MD
That could work Roo. I guess I was just suggesting the backup person to be on the roster just to make sure that the best people aren't picked and the worst are left out to dry. The whole point of the tourney is to get everyone mixing it up and playing for fun, and if the people on the reserve list who know they are not nearly so good feel like they will never be picked to fill in, it kinda sux0rs :(

I saw this last time where a clanmate of someone was chosen to fill in for an absentee. This guy was pretty good and of course could be on voice etc and knew the gameplans... no prob with that really... but it just leaves the door open for advantage if you get your choice of player when someone from your team doesn't show up, or if they have a high ping and don't want to play etc.