Dune.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Is that new Dune TV mini series any good ??? Im thinking of getting it on DVD, what do you think worth it or not?
How.
P.S. as everyone else seems to do it .................... Hi I'm new

Lance201

Jan 31, 2000
Germany
Visit site
Don't do it !!! It is classic TV-Stuff and Quality, so it isn't worth the price of a DVD, maybe someone has recorded it on HDD an can make a copy on svcd or vcd , or rent the DVD and make the copy by yourself!!!

Lance

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
ok thanx alot guys ..................... Im gonna D/L the first episode if I like it I might buy it but I dont think so. I was only gonna buy it if it was as good as the film or more unlikley the book.
How.

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
Just go rent it and see if you like it enough to buy. They've got it at my local Blockbusters...

I thought it was alright, but you could tell they didn't have enough of a budget to do it justice. Some scenes came out pretty good anyway though. For some reason although it's pretty sub par as well, I liked the regular Movie better. Neither can touch the book...

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
Somebody shouls make Dune right! With a big epic like LOTR coming out, I hope somebody has the sense to make a good long Dune movie. A trilogy would be ok in my book, especially if each are three hours long.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
But then what about the other books? The second one was ok, the third was boring I thought, and I havent had a chance to read the rest. We could be on to something I recon about 50 movies if you include the stuff his son has done !!
How.

DENSRAW

Grammaton Cleric
Dec 21, 2000
I thought the second one was as good, if not better than the original. It was more phylosophical (sp?) than the first book. The third one is even more so, and same with the forth. The action picks up again in the 5th book. That's all I'll say.

If we wanted to make all the books into movies, I'd say the best way to do it would be to make a TV series out of it. Have it be like Farscape or whatever that show is. It has to be on a different channel than Sci-Fi. They don't have the funds to fully realize Dune.

The_Pikeman

Also known as Howski
Nov 20, 2001
Caerphilly, Wales
Visit site
Anyone read any of his other books??? The green brain was good........ We could do all his books and become multi multi millionaires !!!!!!! and then plow it all into Inf and get some decent game types
How

Scythe

I'd rather die than give you control.
Jan 13, 2001
about 30ft behind you.
Visit site
Yeah 9 movies would be a lot.

I am reading Chapterhouse: Dune right now (the last one by Frank Herbert) and then Im going back and reading Dune cuz believe it or not I didn't read that one because I couldn't get ahold of a copy till now. I have all the books through chapterhouse, and sofar my favorite has been God emperor, allthough all of em are simply exquisite.