Unreal DM rocks

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
I played some Unreal deathmatch for the first time since I bought UT the other day. It was good fun.

No matter what other people may say (Bugman for example) I think that even Unreal deathmatch still has something to offer - UT doesn't have to render Unreal extinct.

Just my two... umm... pence (closest I can come to cents here).

u1_pic6.jpg

When was the last time UT'ers saw this? Bugman?

------------------
Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

[This message has been edited by Hellscrag (edited 02-18-2000).]

Bugman

Dec 8, 1999
Visit site
You're really strange!!!!!

To your question:

I think it was 3 days ago, directly after I downloaded the remake of the map...

...and you know what:
it's even better in UT !!!

/~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/biggrin.gif /~unreal/ubb/html/wink.gif translation: hahahahahahaha

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Strange? Of course I'm strange, I'm Hellscrag.

Fair enough, you downloaded the conversion. Here's another conversion for you to download:
http://website.lineone.net/~wilberforce/dm-arizaskw.zip

I still think classic Unreal DM is different enough to be good fun for a frag occasionally.

bullet2.gif

Hellscrag, Unreal single player nut :) , a.k.a. [SkW]Deathwish in DM.
Email me hellscrag@lineone.net
Check my website http://surf.to/scragsite for Unreal Walkthroughs and other cool stuff.

Kuanshu

Dec 14, 1999
Well I hate to say this but bugpuke may be right....When I heard they had the old DM maps with the old weapons from original unreal for UT and the fact that I also wish to do more team play. I had to go out and buy UT....I know DM Tundra well...though it is amongst the least favorite DMs in unreal. Online I usually do a rocket jump off the tower with ample supply of weapons and just snipe them from above for fun....my favorites are DM Curse and DM Elsinore. I heard UT has alot better ones and people are making more and more daily....also counting the fact the LEGEND is making unreal 2 (the makers of Wheel of Time (what a joke of a game)), has me really skeptical about unreals' future. I mainly play MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online role playing games) and this is my first shooter game ever since wolfenstein (long time). I am awaiting a really solid PvP guild-oriented online RPG that has sometime in development yet, so I decided to kill sometime so to speak. Though I do wish they would have more larger, wide open wilderness maps so one could hunt,hide,ambush,kill.

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
People sometimes ask me why I even bother posting in this forum. It's simple. You've got to remember your roots. There's a reason why Unreal is still on my hard drive. It's just that good. I don't ever plan on deleting it either.

Of course UT rocks. It's a good enhancement of an already good game. UT DM is basically Unreal DM with some netcode fixes, weapon tweaks, new player models, and different levels.

And Unreal still has one thing that's fun to do every once in a while that UT does not: co-op. It's fun to gather up a band of adventurers and hunt down monsters in the wonderfully detailed world of Unreal. It's like an RPG without the magic and experience points and crap that make me too impatient to play RPG's. Co-op is fun. Anyone who has never led a fire team into Bluff Eversmoking on Unreal difficulty and Hardcore game setting will never know the fun feeling. The single player experience also allows mappers to show off their skills- both "Illhaven" maps come to mind on this, as well as some of the DeCyber maps.

I digress again. But I think I got my point across. Unreal is great and so is UT. You couldn't have UT without Unreal.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

[This message has been edited by Wolf Blackstar (edited 01-28-2000).]

Kuanshu

Dec 14, 1999
Yeah Co-op is fun except that I have yet to find a good server to play it on....I usually play WON.net and cannot seem to get on HEAT.net. I play Co-op on WON and we get from the beginning to the skycaves then it sends us all the way back to the beginning. I am using dynamic IPs so hosting a game myself I cannot do unless I do port mapping for a consistent IP. Yes I would like to go through the entirety of it sometime. If you could please give me some ideas as to how to do this....I would greatly appreciate it (playing with others in co-op that is; on a decent server).

foulogre

Jan 16, 2000
Visit site
I still think Unreal DM rocks
Even with UT and all the other new FPS's, Unreal is still up there with the best even if it is 3 years old
One criticism that i do hold concerning Unreal DM is that some of the original maps included are a bit low on gameplay (Tundra, Healpod) but it doesn't really matter as most of them are top quality and the Unreal mapping community still churns up many winners
Long live Unreal DM! /~unreal/ubb/html/smile.gif

Wolf Blackstar

That other Wing Commander guy
Dec 13, 1999
Tau Ceti V
www.angelfire.com
Unreal is one of very few games that actually made me feel like I was really there instead of sitting in front of my PC- the only other games that have been able to do this were:

Doom
Two words: Toxin Refinery.

Wing Commander series
all, except maybe Prophecy. The first two really did a better job than the live-action games, though I must give credit to WC4 for being the finest space combat game ever made IMHO.

Half-Life
I always play these games at night with the lights of and the sound up for full effect.

However, Half-Life was over much quicker than Unreal. Still looking forward to Unreal 2, I think it will be good despite what people are saying about Legend.

bullet2.gif

-Wolf Blackstar

"A chainsaw! find some meat!"

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Well put, Wolf. I must also echo the mixed feelings on Unreal co-op. It's an absolutely awesome game mode ruined by the very people who typically play it. Every game I played online was a mixture of awe (seeing the krall ganging up on a team member) and hatred (the guy deciding to leave his player parked in front of a door that *had* to be opened to advance - while stepping out for a snack for a few hours!). I do miss RealCTF...

bullet2.gif

Yes, I know I'm full of $I-IiT - but I'm inhuman dammit!

hal{PuF}

Status
Not open for further replies.