Just started playing multi-player

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TOMI

Aug 30, 2000
Portland Oregon
Visit site
I've been playing UT since last April, and was too intimidated to try the multi-player games(afraid how bad I would suck) For a week now I've been jumping in and getting my A** wiped every night, and ILOVEEVERYMINUTEOFIT!!!! More addictive than crack (not that I'd know). Just had to say it. I love this game.

OshadowO

Irregular
Feb 10, 2000
CA
good for you:)
If you want to play some really cool people join chat at #planetunreal on irc.gameslink.net, and look us up:)

RizMan

rizm0
Jan 7, 2000
Luxembourg
cgi.ethz.ch
Welcome

yeah dude, you came to the right place. Join us in #planetunreal and have some fun.
I know how you feel. I started playing online not 2 month ago. The first week, I got my a$$ kicked all day long, but you will soon improve your skills and be able to compete without problem on a public server.
e.g. when I started, I couldn't get 1 frag on a server. Now, while playing on a public server, I usually end up in the upper third.
However, if I play on another server as TheRoost, were a lot of very good clan hang around, I feel really weak.
Although, I didn't make to bad yesterday, got some frags on the Roost :)

Note: I don't remember TheRoost's IP. Ask fir it in #planetunreal.
CU around dude

Stosh

A legend in his own mind
Feb 9, 2000
Southern MD, US
clanci.xgshosting.com
JUST KEEP PLAYING!!!!

You WILL get better... I can usually hold my own or excel on most public servers... I actually got 8 frags on the Roost yesterday.. When your ready to play against the best, The Roost's IP is (208.7.42.3)

Just keep practicing...

Morety

The Farterator
Feb 23, 2000
Toronto
www.legionoflions.com
Welcome aboard

Yeah, once you get over the initial "multi player" fear, there's no way you can go back to playing bots.

Like it says, click on the chat tab, and then type in #planetunreal into the channel box. That's where most of us hang out.

We're all here to have fun, so don't worry about whether you're good or bad. Just have a laugh. You get better in time...unless you're like me where you start off okay then hit a 5 month plateau. But hey, I'm 37 so my excuse is that I've only got 1 reflex left.

Sam_The_Man

I am the Hugh Grant of Thatcherism
Mar 26, 2000
England
Visit site
OBJECTION

I still play UT offline more than online. It's more of a quick blast (no waiting for the servers to get pinged), and sometimes you want to play to win.

TOMI

Aug 30, 2000
Portland Oregon
Visit site
Thanks !

I've never been beat up and killed by a nicer bunch of people. Can't wait to eat supper, read stories to the kiddies, kiss them goodnight, and then put on my battle face. Looking forward to checking out your suggestions and working on my moves.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
Yeah, once you get over the initial "multi player" fear, there's no way you can go back to playing bots.
I couldn't agree more. I always thought I would embarass myself to no end if I started playing online, but just last night someone said "darklite always embarasses me," (I really don't know where she got this either, she kicks my arse a lot too:() and then someone else said "darklite embarasses everyone" :eek:
though things like that tend to make my head a bit bloated, whenever I head to servers like swineonline or fat's.. it always seems to shrink back down my normal low self esteem size ;)

AzzKicker

Feb 26, 2000
Visit site
Awesome! I still remember looking at the demo and going holy S&it...this game owns Quake! Heheh....I should have registered sooner on the board.

garrett

dreaming lucidly
Aug 23, 2000
when i first started playing UT in jan. or whatever i played only online, but then i just couldn't stand the ping :( so i only play offline now, i would like to play online sometime again but i can't unless people want a deathping, anyone know of any modem tweaks??