UE2 - UT2kX UnrealEd Download

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Xenon

Apr 2, 2009
Australia
Okay, before you say anything, let me explain:

I have a mac. I love UT2004 and would love to have a spin at making a map or two for it. But unfortunately, I purchased the mac version, which has no UnrealEd.exe.

However, I have VMware and the ability to run windows. Would the editor work without having everything else?If so, could someone provide me just the editor so I can run it on windows and create maps runnable on my mac version. If not, I could copy everything it needs from the mac version.

Please reply -
Thanks, Xenon

EDIT: I managed to get a copy and put it with all the files on windows, however it came up with an error about a missing core.dll. I downloaded it and put it in the system folder, then it complained about missing zlib.dll. I downloaded that, however it says there is an error in the zlib.dll file, and I tried it from two different sources. It seems I'm going to have to purchase UT2004 for windows just to make maps for my mac.

Last edited:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The editor is just a special interface to the engine. It won't work without the actual game being installed. You could probably try applying the windows patch to the Mac game files, but somehow I doubt that will work correctly, and it's probably illegal as well.