Mark Rein Says: "3DS is under UE3 spec"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
The 3DS seems like a gimmick to me, a cool one but just another flashy product that hasn't shown why i should invest that much money in one yet. I did buy the DS light, which i do like very much. It may not be as graphically advanced as the psp but i love playing zelda games, old GBA cartridges, and i just got Ultimate MK DS in the mail Which is a perfect arcade port and the online is great even though it's about three years old.

$300 seems way too much for a handheld... thats all I can say.
UE3 on it would be cool but it wouldn't even be a selling point for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Selerox

COR AD COR LOQVITVR
Nov 12, 1999
TheUKofGBandNI
selerox.deviantart.com
2 weeks. 2 weeks. 2 weeks. 2 weeks. 2 weeks. 2 weeks.

Haven't we already established that everything Mark Rein says is wrong?

The way the industry should work is to pay attention to what he says, and then do the exact ****ing opposite.

Jam3s

Apr 25, 2008
well hopefully, as Blaaguuu posted, it won't necessarily be 300 bucks; though 250 is still too much.

If it's over 200 I won't be buying one until a price drop/revision type thing happens.

I'd buy it used for $100 or less... and thats a maybe.
Gotta see what games come out and if its worth it.

I'm not intrigued enough about the 3d trend and the price they are hinting at just isn't right. But on the flipside, I am impressed with the kinds of games they've demoed. And besides, Nintendo rarely disappoints me with its systems. It'll come down to the games I guess.

Last edited:

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I'm not intrigued enough about the 3d trend and the price they are hinting at just isn't right. But on the flipside, I am impressed with the kinds of games they've demoed. And besides, Nintendo rarely disappoints me with its systems. It'll come down to the games I guess.

I can barely get excited for a bunch of silly N64 remakes. I was hoping Nintendo would try some new stuff but in terms of games for the 3DS they are all just remakes in 3D and nothing new.

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I can barely get excited for a bunch of silly N64 remakes. I was hoping Nintendo would try some new stuff but in terms of games for the 3DS they are all just remakes in 3D and nothing new.

It is too early to tell on this whole remake business. Sure they have said those titles are being remade, but is it a port with better graphics and 3d, or do these remakes feature new things that really warrant another playthrough. Don't be too quick to judge till more info is available.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
The original DS failed in comparison to the PSP and look who is currently eating the ground. Specs don't mean **** nowadays, it has and always will be about the library.

I'm calling BS on that. the DS made nintendo more money than the psp did to sony.

edit: unless you're comparing gen 1 ds with the collective psp outings.

d3tox

Face down in a pool of his own vomit.
Apr 8, 2008
Haven't we already established that everything Mark Rein says is wrong?

The way the industry should work is to pay attention to what he says, and then do the exact ****ing opposite.

what is the exact opposite of 2 weeks?