World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AriTheDog

frog steering expert
May 6, 2001
USA
Visit site
tool said:
absolutely nothing, it has to do with your PvE comment. And i'm still not going to get into PvP.

Tool, I remember you talking about bad experiences in Ultima Online, but this game is very, very carebear flavored.

Like Morety said, you will never get ganked prior to level twenty on a PVP server unless you are somewhere you really, really shouldn't be. At level 58, I've only been ganked a handful of times, and it lends an element of excitement to the game. If you want a really safe experience with some PVP, play Horde on Mal'Ganis, because unfortunately we outnumber the alliance by a good bit. I'd prefer more resistance.

Plus, every area has a LocalDefense chat channel to organize resistance against gank squads, and also it's pretty easy to escape a higher level player, in most cases. Couple that with the lack of any penalty for PVP deaths except a short walk to your corpse, and it's a pretty safe game world.

You also don't get to get called a fag by the opposing faction, because there is a language filter that translates everything everyone says into [Common] or [Orcish] which is a nice touch. :)

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
Heya... I'm on the Khadgar server playin both sides:

Groff (Tauren Shaman)
Aarstein (Human Pally)
Tanglebones (Undead Warlock)

my main char is the pally the other two are mainly to fiddle around with.

btw - is it just me, or do the Tauren seem out of place as part of the Horde? Their culture seems very 'noble' - I can't really understand why/how they got mixed up with the orcs and undead, except for their racial hatred of centaurs... but still... as a race, they don't seem that evil as the other races do.

oh, another thing: anyone want to make up a consolidated list or table of Buf'ers in wow (server & characters)? The reason I ask is 'cause I'm a lazy @$$ bum.

Last edited:

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
DeDpoet|BuF said:
Heya... I'm on the Khadgar server playin both sides:

Groff (Tauren Shaman)
Aarstein (Human Pally)
Tanglebones (Undead Warlock)

my main char is the pally the other two are mainly to fiddle around with.

btw - is it just me, or do the Tauren seem out of place as part of the Horde? Their culture seems very 'noble' - I can't really understand why/how they got mixed up with the orcs and undead, except for their racial hatred of centaurs... but still... as a race, they don't seem that evil as the other races do.

oh, another thing: anyone want to make up a consolidated list or table of Buf'ers in wow (server & characters)? The reason I ask is 'cause I'm a lazy @$$ bum.
well, the horde aren't really 'evil' as such anyway, they're just another side. the undead are a group that broke away from the main undead force, trying to liberate themselves, the orcs, going by blizzard's back story on their site, used to be peaceful until they were corrupted by the burning legion, and they're now free from that enslavement. they're not really so bad after all...
disclaimer: i may have misinterpreted a few things from blizzard's background story, but i think i got it right...

[IsP]KaRnAgE

You Can Be My Wingman
Jul 24, 2001
The Highway to the Danger Zone
AriTheDog said:
You also don't get to get called a fag by the opposing faction, because there is a language filter that translates everything everyone says into [Common] or [Orcish] which is a nice touch. :)

|=/-\6607! |_0|_!!

Except for when they do that. :(

Last edited:

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
Finally got the game 2 days ago. A co worker of mine convinced his roomate to sell me his extra copy :D

Im a lvl 13 paladin named Garand on the Azgalor server if anyone is interested

/me shoves off to work now.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
DeDpoet|BuF said:

Good point. I don't really know that either.:con: They are kind of cool though. If I make a horde character, I think it will be a Tauren. Undead could be fun too because of all the moth Goths it will attract. It's the perfect race for angst++ people.:p

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
phatcat said:
they have one of the coolest /dance in the game.
they rock the f*** out! \,,/,

What ever!!! My character busts out like MJ.(Lvl 16 Rogue Night Elf and no it's not a girl!:mad: ) That's gotten me virtually laid soooo many time in the game. My character is the virtual playboy of the Zul' Jin Server.:B

DeDpoet|BuF

Only this, & nothing more...
Dec 6, 2001
Mularn
Visit site
BillyBadAss said:
Good point. I don't really know that either.:con: They are kind of cool though. If I make a horde character, I think it will be a Tauren. Undead could be fun too because of all the moth Goths it will attract. It's the perfect race for angst++ people.:p

Undead are funny and cool. While I was experimenting, I created an undead warlock. I was /rude-ing everyone. I mean, what else would you expect from the evil undead?

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I want to make an undead warlock - but that's mostly because I saw a picture of the figure in the product catalog and it's pure badass.

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Anyone know of any good macro tutorial sites. I want to make one to switch out sword and dagger for my main hand, so when I am stealthed, and I can have a dagger in my main hand, and when i am not, have a one-handed sword. Any help would be nice.:) I guess I am asking to be able to toggle it.

Last edited:

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
bba there's bound to be something using the power of google :)

I'm level 22 troll warrior--and I don't know what you're talking about with the warrior missing every hit while duel wielding, I kill mobs alot faster.

I play my warrior on kargath and my 34 pally on dalaran, both of them have the same name (if you want to know my name, here's a hint: Oberon is taken).

This game has taken a hold of my life. No other game has been so addicting for so long (sorry UT :( ).

As far as comparing WoW to diablo, WoW is so much more in depth even if it is slower paced. And my god the world is huge.

Currently I have been making weapons and armor for my troll, and the profession system isn't as harsh as other MMORPGs and much more effective.

Also, death isn't so severe as other MMORPGs, no xp lost, no penalties except the time spent on walking back to ur corpse.

In fact, I have barely scratched the surface of all the features in WoW despite this long rant I've made.

All I can say is /dance and /silly are two great emotes.

Troll: I heard if you cut off an extremity it regenerates twice as long.

Syri

Who are you calling short?
Aug 18, 2000
Nottingham, England
I'm leading a guild in the eu beta now, playing on EN Final Beta 5, as alliance. Really enjoying the game, blizzard really built it well, and i know there's been hitches, but there have with almost all games of the genre, and as they said in the PA interview, it's because they got pretty much all the subscribers they expected gradually over 3 months or so, all in 3 days

BillyBadAss

Strong Cock of The North
May 25, 1999
Tokyo, JP
flickr.com
Yeah this game makes the hair on my balls stand up, and my balls get all tinggly.:) The real dent in it is that the game lags really bad during raids of 50 people or more, but that should change with time.

Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
BillyBadAss said:
Anyone know of any good macro tutorial sites. I want to make one to switch out sword and dagger for my main hand, so when I am stealthed, and I can have a dagger in my main hand, and when i am not, have a one-handed sword. Any help would be nice.:) I guess I am asking to be able to toggle it.

Becareful with macro programs, make sure Blizzard even allows them. I know of a lot of MMORPG's where they aren't allowed and your account will be banned if you use them. They are generally frowned upon because they can be used to easily cheat, or used for the wrong purposes. Most people's intents with them are good, but there are those few bad apples that ruin it for everyone.