Duke Nukem Forever DLC Details

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Via Eurogamer, a post on Egamer breaks out details on DLC information based on files found in the Duke Nukem Forever demo.

DLC Pack #1 contains four new weapons - a minigun, a "noob tube", a sticky grenade and a "BFG" - the latter of which was a big plasma weapon found in Doom and Quake.

DLC Pack #2 consists of three new deathmatch maps - "EDF Base", "LKR" and "Map 3", presumably for the game's multiplayer mode.

DLC Pack #3 includes 15 new single-player maps, arm wrestling, the "Impregnader" weapon and a karaoke machine.

The DLC3 karaoke machine bit fits in neatly with comments made previously by Duke voice-actor, Jon St. John. Those in the First Access Club have been promised to receive the first DLC free.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Where do you see that it is on disc?
If some of the info (I realize the data that goes with the DLC probably isn't there) on the DLC is IN THE DEMO DATAFILES, then it stands to reason that it will still be on the live disc.

It's not like there's no precedent for this.

Abvex

Feb 18, 2008
I got the First Access Club demo, the game was ****, it had some funny moments...but not worth $50, nor $40, nor $30, nor $20, maybe $15 or less.

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
and a "BFG" - the latter of which was a big plasma weapon found in Doom and Quake.

Why do they have to explain what a BFG is? Oh yea right, because they dumped the game down to sell it to 12 year olds who have never played quake or doom.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
You know that with the pre-order/first access you get some of these DLC already right?

I am unhappy about the DLC concept too, but no need to cancel to wait for the GOTY.

He'll probably save quite a bit of money if he does, though. I can't imagine 3 DM maps and 15 SP maps being cheap, especially when compared to a few new weapons.

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
1307317791465.jpg

Vaginal Epiphany

Jun 11, 2010
Ok, so I went and pirated the demo (why would it not be available for everyone in the first place) and it has to be literally the most boring "gameplay" experience in the whole wide world.

Absolute snorefest.