A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
On Steam right now:

Company of Heroes: $2.50 (but I hear it's free if you create an account for the free-to-play Company of Heroes Online game...not sure about that though.)

King Arthur + Saxons Expansion: $37 (great game, but if you're a fan of the genre you've probably pre-ordered Civ V already)

Altitude: $5

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
On Steam right now:

Company of Heroes: $2.50 (but I hear it's free if you create an account for the free-to-play Company of Heroes Online game...not sure about that though.)

King Arthur + Saxons Expansion: $37 (great game, but if you're a fan of the genre you've probably pre-ordered Civ V already)

Altitude: $5

That king arthur game is actually good? Everything I've seen of it made it look like an attempt at a Lord of the rings based game that they couldn't get the licence for so they renamed it King Arthur and raped that myology instead?

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
It looks more like a total war clone to me. Both the people I know who got it said it's pretty decent.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
It looks more like a total war clone to me. Both the people I know who got it said it's pretty decent.

It looks exactly like a total war clone to me too but it doesn't look more like a total war clone to me in anyway as much as everything i said only related to the theme and design(and possibly the story), not the gametype.

If it's good though i'm tempted, the total war games are always tempting to me but lacking a bit of spice.

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Bought that on impulse the other day for the same price, was keen on checking it out until I saw the multiplayer was matchmaking-only :/
I can live with it for "big" games where there's a fair chance of getting to play with someone on cable connection in the same region, but blacklight kept putting me with people giving me what felt like 300-500ms.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
TWOFERS!

Cryostasis and Necrovision for $10 on GamersGate. I Bought Cryostasis forever ago, but still haven't played it. It's supposed to be good, and GameSpot gave it Best Story for 2009. Necrovision can be fun. I say buy.

Prey and Velvet Assassin for $6.90 on Gogamer. Prey is so awesome, Steam ran out of downloads. Remember: Non-downloaded games require shipping, compact discs can be damaged and cannot be re-downloaded.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It gets harder as you go on. Wait until you get to the Canyon area :p

But it is definitely fun and addicting. It is a twist on Sudoku, so if you typically like Sudoku puzzles, you'll love this game. Absolutely worth $2.50.

togmkn

tog-em-kay-en
Jun 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
Mass Effect 2 for $20 on GamersGate.

Demigod for $6 on Impulse.

Both Men of War games for $8.74 on Steam. They're also on sale separately. The first game is only $3.74. It's a Company of Heroes clone with decent gameplay and hilariously awful voice acting.

Also, and this really isn't a sale, but Gametap has NBA 2K11 listed for $20. Everywhere else, retail or download, is $30. This year's game is supposed to be amazing, so jump on that before they fix their typo.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
On Steam, Tales of Monkey Island Complete Season is $5. If you have ANY interest in comedy, classic adventure games, three-headed monkey, or ghost pirates that are weak to root beer, you will be considered the forum idiot for not buying this game immediately. Each episode lasts about 2 hours of gameplay (or so) and there are 5 episodes.