Welcome

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
Well yes and no, someone asked this before, this was my reply

There are a dozen games like Metaball, they are all derived from each other. Switchball for example, Marble mania kind of as well, and so on. The element they all share is the ball yeah, but to me it's closer to Portal than to all those ball puzzle games like metaball.

I usually don't really like those typical ball puzzle games because you have so little control over the ball, and usually you just roll yourself into a hole somewhere.. My approach is to give the player a standard fps character, of which he has maximum control, and have the character mess with the ball. If the ball ends up in a hole or some lava, big deal, just pull it back out. HL2 Gravity gun meets tomb raider meets portal meets metaball.

Most ball games are usually also quite bright, cartoony, and childish. Mine will be dark, slightly less cartoony, and a bit more mature. I dont have the time and manpower to fully develop the theme and background story right now, but the original idea was to have some bloody action bits, which would also be quite satisfactionary btw, killing monsters with a big ball, and some scary elements like a mummified creature that "lives" inside the ball you are playing with.

We are starting simple though..

Accuphose

Sep 30, 2008
I have new idea about using your nice mod Ball... If you see Futurama duel between Farnsworth and Wernstrom, with two teams and many balls, this is my thing. Or using another possibility

1) Footbal Instagib, maybe with walls, etc

2) Pinball princip - many hole, many balls - if you will continue to point, you must fil all hole in same time.

I play CTF only, i like team strategy mode, but CTF is not enough, many maps are brutal flash deathmatch, i will see perfect team strategy and team coordination.

What you mean about this?

Sry my english is no good :p

Hourences

Aug 29, 2000
Belgium/Holland/Sweden
www.Hourences.com
I love to have multiplayer at some point, but we will need to recode the ball for that to support netcode, afaik. Not going to happen soon.
Still, it would be great to have. A steal the ball gametype instead of regular CTF for example, or a coop singleplay.