EA Games pulling titles out of Steam

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
You're still ignoring what I'm saying. Valve does this for their own games as well. Half-Life, TF2, L4D are all 30-35% more expensive for europeans. Their reasoning for it is that we have to pay added VAT, which is a flat-out lie. Point that out on the forums and see how long your post stays up.
I'm not saying they don't. I've long time said that Steam isn't quite as great outside of the US for the same issues you mention (plus the more widespread bandwidth caps and stuff). The thing is, pretty much all the digital distribution platforms suffer for the same reasons outside of the US.

The only other thing I was saying is that you can't blame all of the pricing issues on Valve. You can certainly blame their own games on them, but publishers of all the other games set their own pricing, including the jokers that price their games more expensive in other regions.

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
Valve added the option for other currencies because that's what people selling products on Steam wanted, for obvious reasons. However, the people selling products on Steam control the prices in every region, Valve only sets prices on their own games. So if an EA game is a massive ripoff in your region on Steam, Valve is the wrong company to complain to.

And what is the reason for all publishers having the same 1 USD = 1 EUR conversion on the same day? A conspiracy?

-Jes-

Tastefully Barking
Jan 17, 2005
DM-HyperBlast
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6322428.html?tag=newsticker;headline;2

Really Valve denied patches and new content? I find this very hard to believe.

Now they're saying it was because Steam does not carry games without access to dlc otherwise offered in other digital stores.

And then they pulled this statement out of their collective rears:
"We believe in absolute freedom of choice to allow customers to buy through whatever retail outlet-"

Apparently EA's 'beliefs' aren't at all connected to their actual doings.

Last edited: