Steam Game Investments

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
I bought a physical copy of The Orange Box, but aside from that, I purchased that HL2 Silver deal when it first came out and got basically everything valve ever created (at that point) for $60.

So throw Garry's Mod and Audiosurf in there and I've spent about $80 on Steam.

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
I spent around $300, then my account mysteriously vanished never to be seen again. Technical support's answer: 'just buy everything again'.

Thanks.

I'll stick to boxes and manuals and iso's that I can burn to disk, thanks.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I spent around $300, then my account mysteriously vanished never to be seen again. Technical support's answer: 'just buy everything again'.

Thanks.

I'll stick to boxes and manuals and iso's that I can burn to disk, thanks.
99.9% chance it's your own fault. Like Big-Al said, if you have recipes (is that a word!?) of the stuff you bought you can get them back.

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
If it was my fault, the account would be banned, not non-existent.
Yup, I still have the receipts. Didn't care, because my account 'doesn't exist'.
Well you could contact valve and explain the problem, I'm sure they can see if the account ever existed and re-enable it for you.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
$54.95 right now. Orange Box and Prey so far. Originally got HL2 for free since I was one of those people who picked up a 9600XT and didn't see the game for another two years, plus I know I fished HL1 out of the bargain bin somewhere for like $15 and that CD-Key gave me the rest of the Half-Life 1 titles.

Vers Vlees

Oohhh a custom title
Nov 30, 2002
The Netherlands
www.versvlees.owns.it
well it depends does the original Half life/WON server games count. I bought the Half life generations pack back in 2001 for 50 guilders IIRC(aprox 25 dollars) I also bought that Blue shift pack for what 30 euro's. So for the won games that would make 40 euro's
I bought the half life 2 collectors edition for 60 euro's IIRC so in total the investment would be like 100 euro's. I havent bought the orangebox yet or played Episode one.
I cant buy stuff through steam because I dont have a credit card. So I can buy only stuff that is sold from Dutch websites or stores. Too be honest I only use steam because WON is no more and Half life 2 needs it to run. However there is one game I would like to play and that is Red Orcheastrea. I heard the "retail" version is pretty popular