Unreal Editor

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dude2425

Apr 29, 2005
Can anyone say "Box Map?"

I thought I heard from somewhere that the editor will be cross platform, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not, or if I even heard it. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard it. Now, could anybody tell me where we heard it from in the first place, and if it is a reliable source?
I love how the editor will be cross platform because I really didn't want to screw around with wine in order to make a map/mod. I'm a Linux Exclusive user, and I personaly think that the ammount of time and money that is spent to get a wider range of players without limiting them to just one platform is really worth it.

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
dude2425 said:
Can anyone say "Box Map?"

I thought I heard from somewhere that the editor will be cross platform, but I wasn't sure if it was true or not, or if I even heard it. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard it. Now, could anybody tell me where we heard it from in the first place, and if it is a reliable source?
I love how the editor will be cross platform because I really didn't want to screw around with wine in order to make a map/mod. I'm a Linux Exclusive user, and I personaly think that the ammount of time and money that is spent to get a wider range of players without limiting them to just one platform is really worth it.

I heard if from Icculus, AKA Ryan Gordon, the guy that does their Linux/Mac ports. He mentioned it on the UT2004 Linux Mailing list at some point, Im going to search my backlog in a bit and see if I still have the email.

dj_ely

Apr 26, 2005
Newcastle Upon Tyne
www.chriselias.com
Being new to UT mapping I would have to say that UnrealEd v3 is really unstable to use, compared to other packages. Coming from an architecture background using packages such as 3dsmax, AutoCAD, Bryce etc. it is really unstable. Has anyone ever found that if you hit undo more than say 4/5 times it crashes?! It's not just me that thinks this, and it's not the spec of my pc. We are using UnrealEd is part of out digital architecture course and everyone else agrees, buggy and unstable. Hopefully 2007 will be shipped with a nice new version that doesn't crash as often! Having said that, having got into mapping I love it! Bring on UT 2007 (and Battlefield 2)!!

Xipher

I didn't break it, you did
Feb 15, 2004
Iowa
KirinRiotCrash said:
With Midway being said, I would expect a hidden Mortal Kombat character in the next Unreal Tournament ... like how Raiden made an appearance in UC2.

I personally hope not, would rather see that stuff stay in the UC series.

Kirin[SC]

恐いハチミツボイ
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville NC
www.saphiria.net
Crashes are generally caused by incompatible hardware and/or bad memory. What I would do is make sure your drivers are up to date. If you are using beta drivers, I would report the problems to the driver maker and then revert back to the latest stable drivers. Also run a memory test to make sure your memory is running properly. I believe there's a tool called memtest86 or something with a similar name that does this.

As with UnrealEd crashing ... I haven't seen it crash lately for what I normally use it for.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
I agree UED3 is OK, but the editor bugs may scare people who tries to learn. And other ones are made to make our lives worse: Haven't you ever cliked 'Swap order' accidentally when you have selected only one thing?
All those crashes should be replaced by a simple warning window... I don't know what Epic is doing to not fix all them in a patch...

The next editor looks good... :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
My care are the bonus vehicles from the comunity. Yet , it's hard to make a vehicle that fit ut2004 in term of something decent. Just imagine for ut2007 for the stastic meshes , mods , textures. That will require EXTRA skillz , otherwise we will need to use the content from the game and get BORED after that. Or enjoying ut2004 map style that will not fit 2k7.

Last edited:

Cursed_Soul

Now known as Luos_83
Jan 13, 2001
dordrecht
www.vladderbeest.com
quote: Being new to UT mapping I would have to say that UnrealEd v3 is really unstable to use, compared to other packages. Coming from an architecture background using packages such as 3dsmax, AutoCAD, Bryce etc. it is really unstable. Has anyone ever found that if you hit undo more than say 4/5 times it crashes?!

lol, my ued 3.0 has only crashed 3 times on me since i got it (got 2k4 right away)
max crashes more on me when i press the backbutton a lot.

so.. dunno what excuse you are using lol :)
it shouldnt be that unstable unless you just dont know what you are doing.
nu pun intended.