UT for Linux

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrJake

Nov 7, 2000
Visit site
Does anyone knows, where i can get UT for Linux.
I like Linux and UT, so now i want to combine the 2.

Maybe someone knows a site, where i can download,
Thanks already,

DrJake

SamD

Hooker with a penis
Nov 1, 2000
Brooklyn
ut won't run better on linux because video drivers are usually better for win98/95. if i had both, i'd use windows for games, but that's just my 2¢.

darklite

Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by SamD
ut won't run better on linux because video drivers are usually better for win98/95. if i had both, i'd use windows for games, but that's just my 2¢.

this might not be the case anymore since Vogel started porting their OGL rednerer to windows, but many people have said that UT (using OpenGL) in Linux was faster than in windows (using D3D). I'd have to be one of them, because I was able to run 1024x768x32 in Linux (and in the windows port) without much slowdown.. whereas I had to turn D3D down to either 1024x768x16 or 800x600x32 (I chose the former) so I wouldn't get 5fps when a few players were on the screen

SphinX

Nov 30, 2000
The Netherlands
home.hetnet.nl
ha die kenny

Gewoon op een paar links klikken en dan kom je er wel, jongen! Ik zal proberen te zorgen voor UT op linux, om die op CD rom te krijgen voor je. Ik zie je en veel succes

:redeemer:

:rolleyes:

[Edited by SphinX on November 30th, 2000 at 04:14 PM]

Tack

Bomb Runner
Aug 26, 2000
Monterey, CA
www.teamut.com
Uh RizMan|PuF

I think you mean "deutch" not "dutch". Deutch is German for German. :) Dutch is what we call people from The Netherlands.

Spent a year as part of the US Army Berlin Brigade back in '90. I was in Berlin the day that Germany reunited.

[DC]Tack

DrJake

Nov 7, 2000
Visit site
Thank you all for your links and reply's.
I will download it.

I really think that i will run better, because. Linux IS better. It just runs better on my PC than windows SamD and darklite. My system is a pentium 2 233 MMX, with 160 MB of Ram and a 8 MB creative video cart. So I guess it just runs better. Linux is also much stabiler. I will let you know what my experciens where, JuiceEggsMcKenna

Besides, the weird text, that was dutch or german, It was dutch, I come form the Netherlands myself, and Sphinx is at my school, Tack

That's all

DrJake

Reaper

-----------------
Nov 14, 2000
Bedburg-Hau, Germany
www.hergaden.de
Re: Uh RizMan|PuF

Originally posted by Tack
I think you mean "deutch" not "dutch". Deutch is German for German.

This is not true. I can assure you Sphinx wrote in the language of the Dutch, sorry i forgot the English expression. "Deutch" is not the German expression for their ( my ) language, it is "Deutsch".

Aug 7, 2000
Yup, that's Dutch he spoke (being Dutch myself)........ und die andere Sprache ist natürlich Deutsch............

-Revenant

eagleAR

Nov 25, 2000
UT in Linux(Glide) is much faster than in win98(glide)
In linux i play with 150 bots in ctf-face without slowdown
while in win98 with 120 bots it slows down

SimplyCosmic

ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.
Dec 25, 1999
Northeast Ohio
www.simplycosmic.net
Windows -vs- Linux ... Ah, the age old debate ... (or religious war, depending on how you look at it)

In the end both have their strengths and weaknesses, but in the end, the biggest variable in how well either OS runs is very much dependant on the skills of it's operator. A finely tuned system running one OS will always beat out a poorly run system of the other.

As for me, my project right now is to get UnrealTournament running under FreeBSD. Or maybe a dedicated UT server on my OpenBSD box. Hmmm ...

Any XTux DeathMatch players out there?

gates.jpg

Gratuitous Pie Thrown at Bill Gates Photo