So....still people playing U2XMP there?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

]BERSERK[

[pet]mouse
Jul 13, 2004
So....still people playing U2XMP there?

Here and there... But the real question is, Do Mr.Alan will come back to play some games with his leet hax?!? :morety:

DJM312

Beta tester
Oct 3, 2003
Bristol,Ct.
Visit site
Yes , theres still u2xmp players out there and we're having a blast . Clans are forming again , maps are being made , better servers . Just like the old days .

Last edited:

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Enjoying hax? No.

Most everybody seems to be playing on Spawnie's Test Server, whoever Spawnie is. Got a few people screwing around and haxing, or at least using map holes. If you see someone named Player, and chances are there will be 2 or 3 at a time in a game, you can be pretty sure that person is screwing around, tucking turrets underground in Scirocco and the like.
Player said:
XMP is only fun cause of the hax. I are teh invicible!

Bleeder

Co-Founder, U2XMP [Ч] Clan
Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
That 'Player' clan... It's actually kind of funny in a frustrating way :/

Omni's thinking about coming back? We need more -good- servers..

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Sunday night they were trying to get me, and basically anyone joining the server, to change my name to Player. I resisted temptation, figuring if I did change my name, then I'd have to start cheating, too.

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Well, people wonder why there are few players left... Go ahead and blame me or whatever, but running maps like Sirocco on a server is just asking for trouble :(

Mar 6, 2004
I'm retired from u2xmp (no more ho...oh noes what shall we all do :p), have been since FEAR came out. That's where i'm at and will be at untill i get sick of the game or a better game comes out that makes me addicted like i am of F.E.A.R.

GotBeer, Spawnie is Spawn(h&w).

Only games i'm playing right now are F.E.A.R. and UTXMP when i'm not working/playing F.E.A.R. not playing starwars or css right now.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Heh, I had my last game last night until Christmas. I'm mvoing to uni and it appears they have a very strict firewall :(

edit: but that's no excuse for Radium not to reinstall and play again. Go!

[tH]Silver

May 15, 2004
i've had xmp installed for like 1 month now and been playin like mad! Havent seen anyone cheat sofar. (i think). But if they do, so what? I dont care if i get "owned", just like to play the game...

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Anyone care to tell me how to get under Scirocco, so's I can get under there and kill anyone placing turrets under Blue base or hiding there with an arti or whatever? If I can't stop people from cheating by asking nicely ("knock it off, asshat!"), I can at least make it more difficult for them.

]BERSERK[

[pet]mouse
Jul 13, 2004
GotBeer? said:
Anyone care to tell me how to get under Scirocco, so's I can get under there and kill anyone placing turrets under Blue base or hiding there with an arti or whatever? If I can't stop people from cheating by asking nicely ("knock it off, asshat!"), I can at least make it more difficult for them.

Take a raptor and run in the wall... well, in some place you will go through, in others u will just kill urself. But good laf for everyone! :B

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Serk said:
Take a raptor and run in the wall... well, in some place you will go through, in others u will just kill urself. But good laf for everyone! :B
Tank and Harby worx too, but Raptor is easiest. Try the wall to the left of this bunker.

Attachments

• Shot00000.JPG
    Shot00000.JPG
    242.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Fleury14

Lei STILL sux. It's true.
Jan 6, 2003
Fresno, CA
Visit site
Bleeder said:
o ahead and blame me or whatever, but running maps like Sirocco on a server is just asking for trouble ==> Try the wall to the left of this bunker.

:rolleyes:
It's a good thing you're around to guide anyone who doesn't already know how to bork a game in 10 different ways.

Oh well. It was a good game. Will have to settle for TAM now.

Bleeder

Feb 26, 2004
teh Intarweb, duh
Fleury14 said:
:rolleyes:
It's a good thing you're around to guide anyone who doesn't already know how to bork a game in 10 different ways.

Oh well. It was a good game. Will have to settle for TAM now.
It definitely was a good game, but the maps were mostly all flawed and never fixed :( Unfortunately this problem was evident even with the early u2xmp beta releases and the u2xmp Garden demo.

It's like Kirby said, if only the maps were any good...

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
The map design is excellent, it's just that Legend was shut down before they could do any real work on them. Patch 7710 did fix a few map flaws, but definitely not all. It's a mystery to me why the community never made an improved map pack, since it's the only part of the game that we have access to and can improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.