Private messages

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
S

shmookid

Hello All,

Did a search of the forum on this and saw no threads so forgive me if this has come up before. When I played Aliens Online and Rolemaster Magestorm you could send a message to an individual person. If you type in their name first it would show up in the corner but only be seen by the person you listed. I think that could be a nice feature to have. On the downside it could also create personal attacks on people because only that person could see the message. In Aliens Online and Rolemaster Magestorm they had a log feature where you could log a conversation to be used to show if a person was being harassed. That would be harder to implement here because that would be a server by server implementation. Well I have rambled on long enough, just thought I would throw out that feature and see what other people think...

"No matter where you go, there you are!"
- Buckaroo Bonzai

Shannon "Shmoo" Thompson
:D

bob-415

Jul 5, 2000
teamsay

My opinion...its a team game so dont hide anything from your team, use teamsay. If you need to talk to one individual in private then in all likelihood, it isn't about the game so talk later using icq or IM.

S

shmookid

Good Point!

I know this is older message but I just wanted to tell bob-415 you make a great argument and in fact I retract my suggestion as being uneccessary... :p

Thanks for giving your opinion without using a flame to invalidate my opinion instead of using sound arguments.

- Buckaroo Bonzai

Shannon "Shmoo" Thompson

Lord_Bunker

Apr 18, 2000
Visit site
on the other hand, it would make it easier in a way cause you wouldn't have to read through a bunch of messages, if everyone just communicated directly to the person they needed to tell, for instance i want to tell shmoo to cover me, if i just tell him then you don't even see a message pop up distracting you, but if i want to warn of a sniper then i use team say.

page

S

shmookid

Yes I considered that but then the whole Voice Communications issue popped into my head. Also since you already would have to type their name in for the private message it is just as easy to type "Cover me Lord_Bunker!" I mean I have to force myself to watch the text coming across while I am in the middle of a round. Sidenote - Can anyone tell my how to increase how long a message stays on the screen? In the previous version on the voting screen it gave an option to increase that time..

- Buckaroo Bonzai

Shannon "Shmoo" Thompson