Conflicts between Logitech & Razer mouse drivers?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

randyannie

Prozac
Oct 13, 2004
Pensacola, FL
Sup! I'm wondering if one had an MX510 with the Logitech Mouseware installed on a pc, could one also install a Razer Diamondback with it's software and NOT have conflicts. Kind of having them both hot pluggable - pull one out and throw the other one in depending on the game situation you were going to be in.

Thanks for any feedback, Prozac :)

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Uh, simple answer to that would be don't install Mouseware. It sucks. Windows default drivers are perfectly fine for running a logitech mouse, so why install extra crap that's just giong to take more resources and improve the chances of getting problems?

Then you can install the Razor drivers if you really need them and not worry about Mouseware even being on the machine in the first place :)

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Radiosity said:
Uh, simple answer to that would be don't install Mouseware. It sucks. Windows default drivers are perfectly fine for running a logitech mouse, so why install extra crap that's just giong to take more resources and improve the chances of getting problems?

Then you can install the Razor drivers if you really need them and not worry about Mouseware even being on the machine in the first place :)

On my MX510, I couldn't get all the buttons to work in 2k4. You have to re-map them to a key on the keyboard for them to work, which requires the MouseWare drivers. The buttons in my particular case, were the one's on each end of the scroll wheel.

JaGo

nbk-JaGo
Feb 24, 2004
Kyllian said:
CruiseControl buttons
I found those kind of useless for moving thru documents/pages, wheel works a hell of a lot better

Maybe you misunderstood, but I meant they wouldn't work IN UT2004. ;) Those buttons can and are very useful while playing. But, for UT2004 to recognize them, you have to map them to a key the game DOES recognize. For instance, I mapped the button immediately in front of the scroll wheel to my keyboard numpad "7" key. Then mapped "7" to the weapon I wanted in UT2004.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
I wonder... a tutorial was posted on Atari on how to use all the buttons + wheeltilt on the mx1000
Wonder if it could be tweaked to the 510

I didn't misunderstand, just commenting about the things